Computer: Right/Left

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear my primary and back up computer on my left arm and my compass on my left hand, canister light on the right. I vent/inflate my BCD with my left (which is very quick) and I can vent on both lower corners. I'm right handed and wear a watch normally on the left so muscle memory is established plus when using my dominant hand (right) for tasks I cans stow the light and avoid any complications. I think it is a personal preference, each has a reason to do what is most comfortable for the individual.

that owner instructor is just plain crazy. Theres plenty of whackadoodle theories even from high IQ scientists..... I am left handed and keep my computer on my left wrist. I do notice on heading to surface and watching my ascent rate on my computer while venting bcd that it requires extra concentration.

Think ill try putting my computer on my right arm and see how I like it.

I'm right handed and do not wear a watch. I always wear my computer on my right arm. Always felt natural to me. Also as my right hand is used for taking photos my dive computer is handy and easy to see.

Just can't do wrists, a fear of being cuffed, but more shoving my hands in holes

Never dumped lifting the inflator hose either except from the rubber vinyl Fenzy

Ever!

Shearwater on each wrist

I wear an AI computer on my left wrist. It's the hand I would have used to grab my gauges with and easier for me to manipulate with my right (dominant) hand. The backup (non-AI) computer is on my right wrist.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom