Scubapro chrome plated brass regulators...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! Would almost hate to dive it, too pretty.

Agree. I have a few that I would describe as too pretty to dive, which makes them almost useless to me as I'm not a collector.

@Open Ocean Diver That is certainly a beauty. Has that regulator been dived before? Do you have any other information on the history of it? Was it an upgraded 109? I ask as I've never seen a BA with a knurled adjustment knob. I was given to understand SP started putting splined knobs on the BA.

TIA

Couv

Agree. I have a few that I would describe as too pretty to dive, which makes them almost useless to me as I'm not a collector.

@Open Ocean Diver That is certainly a beauty. Has that regulator been dived before? Do you have any other information on the history of it? Was it an upgraded 109? I ask as I've never seen a BA with a knurled adjustment knob. I was given to understand SP started putting splined knobs on the BA.

TIA

Couv
Thanks, Here’s a description from the seller I google translated: I’ve ask him if he ever upgraded but I don’t think so. Never seen a knob like this.

Legendary SCUBAPRO MARK X (Mark 10) scuba regulator from 1987, like new, used 2 times, in perfect condition. Gauge and depth gauge are given as a gift.
Highly valued for its high quality, possibly the best regulator made by Scubapro.

upload_2021-1-22_15-37-34.jpeg

Ah, thanks. I have not seen an adjustment knob like this one either. In the previous picture I did not make out that it is unique.

Let me know if you want "new" specimens of the old style balanced poppet. I have a bunch, though the rubber has indeed hardened a bit. If you want to play, you can soak the end in WD-40 or Silicone spray liquid to try to restore some of the plasticizers.

Let me know if you want "new" specimens of the old style balanced poppet. I have a bunch, though the rubber has indeed hardened a bit. If you want to play, you can soak the end in WD-40 or Silicone spray liquid to try to restore some of the plasticizers.
I would love a couple, would be nice to keep original. Thanks for the tip, magical WD-40.

Has anyone ever heard of a Scubapro gold plated orifice?

This is from a guy selling them:
- The original chrome brass and the upgraded gold plated brass.

Back
Top Bottom