Which Cozumel Dive Ops Dive on Sundays?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That would require him to name a shop he claims doesn't dive on Sundays, which could easily be proven incorrect.
Yes, I'm part of a vast conspiracy of diving deniers.:wink: I just didn't make notes of those that didn't, because I was specifically looking for dive ops who do. But if it helps, let me also say there were also many who simply did not list which days they dive on, and some who said Monday through Saturday, etc.

Yes, I'm part of a vast conspiracy of diving deniers.:wink: I just didn't make notes of those that didn't, because I was specifically looking for dive ops who do. But if it helps, let me also say there were also many who simply did not list which days they dive on, and some who said Monday through Saturday, etc.

Surely you remember the names of a few offhand?

Cozumel is (obviously) a vacation destination, and the majority of tourist oriented businesses in such places run 7 days/week since vacationers are mostly weekend indifferent. One caveat is that since cruise ships (in normal times) rarely if ever dock at Cozumel, businesses which cater mostly to cruseros may be less likely to be open, but dive ops are not in that category.

That said, flagging a cab south of town on Sunday evening can, in my experience, be challenging.

Thanks - yes there are definitely a decent number who do not dive on Sundays. Here's what we have so far:

Sunday Divers
Dive Paradise
Dressel
Jungle Divers
Liquid Blue
Tres Pelicanos
Tres Pelicanos defiantly does dive on Sundays provided they a minimum number of divers to make a boat (2-3). I have dove 50+ Sundays over the last 8 years with them. prior to Covid my weekend trip routine (not dedicated dive weeks) was to fly into Cancun on Saturday evening, take the early ferry and meet them at the pier at 07:45. Dive 1 or 2 sets on Sunday and again on Monday and fly home Tuesday so I could work Wednesday. Following Saturday, repeat. I miss the early ferry crossing.

Tres Pelicanos defiantly does dive on Sundays ...
Defiantly, eh? :D

BTW, I am not the spelang poleece. I only point out typos and erroneous autocorrections when they strike me funny.

Pretty much every op in Cozumel dives on Sundays. I have never heard of any that don't, frankly....provided they have the divers, that it's not Christmas or New Years, or their kid's birthday...

Updating:

Sunday Divers
Blue Angel
Dive Paradise
Dive with Julio
Dressel
Jungle Divers
Liquid Blue
Salty Endeavors
Tres Pelicanos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back