Safety whistle and mirror

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

0ctoman

Registered
Reaction score
How do you guys had setup your whistle and mirror on you BCD/blackplate setup? I use a backplate setup and have only two D-rings (one on each side). What's a good location to tie on or clip it in?

My whistle is attached to my BC inflation hose...mirror? Dont use one.

I zip-tied the whistle to the power inflator. Mirror is rolled up in the SMB.

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 7.11.59 PM.png

I tether all of my safety signaling devices, put them in my BCD waist pockets, zip up the pockets and clip the leash on my BCD D-rings.

384058A0-007C-4E24-ACF9-BFB078DA9724.jpeg

The DSMB & reel are in the left pocket. The rest (mirror, whistle, PLB1 & MRG) are in the right pocket.

BF7DDE99-38F0-4148-966E-9BE5E0EF12B0.jpeg

As others have said, I put my Storm Whistle on a piece of bungee around my corrugated hose. As for Mirror, I used to keep in the waist pocket of my Outlaw with Rogue bands, but now, on BP/W, I just put it in my pocket. (Apex pocket-shorts clone.)

As others have said, I put my Storm Whistle on a piece of bungee around my corrugated hose. As for Mirror, I used to keep in the waist pocket of my Outlaw with Rogue bands, but now, on BP/W, I just put it in my pocket. (Apex pocket-shorts clone.)

You say you have a Sherwood Outlaw, can you use that with a SS backplate, do you know? I've trying to find some info about it but haven't had luck. I would love to use the soft plate with a backplate/wing as I like the integrated weights and front pockets of it.

whistle has ridden on my inflator corrugated hose for 30+ years. It was how my first BC came, and seems the best way.

Mirror is still a work in progress, but seems to be best in a pocket on a tether with other safety items. I will experiment with the idea of it on a DSMB. See how the package stows...

You say you have a Sherwood , can you use that with a SS backplate, do you know? I've trying to find some info about it but haven't had luck. I would love to use the soft plate with a backplate/wing as I like the integrated weights and front pockets of it.

If I understand correctly, you're wanting to use a Sherwood BC and integrate a BP/W with it? Unless the 'harness' is removable from the rest of the BC, I don't think there's any way.... It's one or the other.

That said, I have an Aqualung Outlaw with the Aqualung Rogue waist banda (those have pockets). My wife dives that BC now, and I'm on SS BP/W.

But, if you're interested, I really do like the Aqualung Outlaw/Rogue BC, they dive like a BP/W, with integrated weight pockets, and pack well for travel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom