Flying into Cancun, Ways to get to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You don't need to set up anything in advance re: a driver at Cancun. As you exit the airport, (Terminal 3, I think...not sure...whatever Air Canada flies into), you'll see some booths offering private transit to various locations. I paid just under $1,000 pesos and had a driver in a nice, clean, new vehicle within minutes of exiting the terminal building who drove me at warp speed to Playa del Carmen. I don't think I have ever had such a quick trip!

Any idea what a similar trip would cost (private, newer car) to the ferry terminal, to get me to Cozumel?

Any idea what a similar trip would cost (private, newer car) to the ferry terminal, to get me to Cozumel?
That was where he took me. He dropped me off on the street behind the mall/stores in front of the ferry terminal. That is as close as vehicles can get.

That was where he took me. He dropped me off on the street behind the mall/stores in front of the ferry terminal. That is as close as vehicles can get.
Yes, that is a point that people considering the bag drag need to know. The streets within a couple of blocks of the ferry terminal are all pedestrian only. There are porters with human powered wheeled conveyances who can haul your equipaje between the closest point where motorized traffic can go and the ferry terminal. I don't know what they charge or if it's just for tips.

We are flying into Cancun the first week of February and are going to try a charter flight with Fly Tours Cancun. It is a Cessna 206 and they charge $450 one way from Cancun to Cozumel. There are cheaper options if you can get in early enough, but we arrive at 4:20 pm so we had to do the charter vs. the scheduled flights. The good is my wife and I will be only passengers, so the 206 can easily accommodate all our luggage and scuba gear. Hopefully all works out.

We are flying into Cancun the first week of February and are going to try a charter flight with Fly Tours Cancun. It is a Cessna 206 and they charge $450 one way from Cancun to Cozumel. There are cheaper options if you can get in early enough, but we arrive at 4:20 pm so we had to do the charter vs. the scheduled flights. The good is my wife and I will be only passengers, so the 206 can easily accommodate all our luggage and scuba gear. Hopefully all works out.
Seems like a hell of lot for a one way 50 mile trip. That's near the same price as a round trip ticket from Montana to Cozumel.

Seems like a hell of lot for a one way 50 mile trip. That's near the same price as a round trip ticket from Montana to Cozumel.
Yeah. You can pick up one of those planes for about $400k, and if you can land a few fares per day you might could pay it off pretty quickly. I won't be using their service, though; the fare is too rich for my blood and I'm pretty sure those little planes go down a lot more often than the big ones do.

Yeah. You can pick up one of those planes for about $400k, and if you can land a few fares per day you might could pay it off pretty quickly. I won't be using their service, though; the fare is too rich for my blood and I'm pretty sure those little planes go down a lot more often than the big ones do.

Sure. But they float better.

This site says "getting into a private plane is roughly 19 times more dangerous than riding in a car." and we all know the most dangerous part of the trip is the drive to the airport.
Are Small Plane Crashes More Common? - Kelley | Uustal

Sure. But they float better.

This one did ok.
sully%2001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom