Loreto, Which Dive Shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Jiiim! Looking forward to see you guys again. You are cool, I dind't mean anything by the comment, I was just expanding the information. As you pointed out, we CAN'T WAIT for all this turmoil to fade away, It's been really exhausting for all of us I'm sure....

For the time being we are wearing our dive T-shirts and watching our old dive videos, while drinking coffee from our dive destination coffee cups. :wink:

We have been getting emails telling us we can get an appointment for the vaccine, but when you try to make an appointment there aren't any, probably because they don't really have the vaccine yet. I'm thinking that we probably won't be able to get vaccinated until around April. How are things in Mexico? They are very bad here. Do you have any business? We worry about all of our friends with dive ops.

T
Sound like Blue Nation needs to expand their operation. I'll have to quit giving them great reviews so they'll have room for me on their boat :wink:
Tell me about it ... they sometimes don’t have room for me, and I live here! In fairness, covid restrictions limit them to less than half capacity these days.

I see Dolphin is on Benito Juarez. It might be Sea and Land Tours but the sign looks like it says Eco Tours and it's on Hidalgo (after the street changes names). The x-street appears to be Francisco Madero. Anyway, it's hard to miss with all the signs.

One this is fairly certain--if you take your gear down to the marina around 7:30 or 8:00 am you will likely get lots of offers from people to take you out in their boat. I rather got the impression that the diving is up to you, and possibly the choice of dive sites. Spanish is probably essential. You may need to bring your own tanks.
Did that once in Bahía de Los Angeles. Problem is that most of the capitans don’t know where the dive sites are ... you’re just as likely to end up looking at sand or wet rocks instead of reef life

T

Tell me about it ... they sometimes don’t have room for me, and I live here! In fairness, covid restrictions limit them to less than half capacity these days.

Since you live there you must know if there are any decent shore dives. Well-kept secrets or there just aren't any?

Since you live there you must know if there are any decent shore dives. Well-kept secrets or there just aren't any?

No ... it's all boat diving. Most of the best dives are either seamounts or out on the islands.

I've heard there's a pretty nice shore dive in La Paz (four hours south of here), but I haven't dived it yet.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

No ... it's all boat diving. Most of the best dives are either seamounts or out on the islands.

I've heard there's a pretty nice shore dive in La Paz (four hours south of here), but I haven't dived it yet.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I read about a shore dive next to a golf course (I think) but haven't looked into it. Part of the problem is I have not yet learned where to rent a car without being severely taken advantage of. There is a car rental place in the vicinity of the dive shops etc. but I went with Hertz because they had a really great deal if you flew with Alaska. It turned out that when we got there they wanted several hundred more dollars for insurance than what I was quoted. I also suspect them of stealing my credit card info. Next time I'm in town I'll check out the other place. It had a name that sounded independent.

Sometimes we like to shore dive even if it's not spectacular--we just need our hyperbaric treatment. :wink: We usually stay a month or more on Cozumel and simply can't afford to boat dive every other day and have found some very satisfactory places to shore dive, and sometimes for very little money.

I run a small diveshop here in Loreto, Blue Nation. By the way thanks so much for all the kind comments posted here. It means a lot.

Azur, that’s a great simple wildlife chart. Do you have a similar for water temperature at depth by month/season, or can others chime in? For me, it stops being fun below about 70F, and more is better.

[Disregard.]

Back
Top Bottom