Calling GA Divers for a Phone Rescue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DunkTankDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Calling GA divers, help me retrieve my phone. His holiday season I visited family and decided to try some fishing off the pier at Flower Branch Park in Flowery Branch, GA. While at the pier I got a call and fumbled my phone into the lake. The below pic shows exactly where I was standing on the pier. As a diver myself I had to try to find it. Shout out to 2000 leagues for being open and renting me gear. As fellow GA divers knows Lake Lanier is not by any stretch a clear lake. The depth right off the pier is only 8’-10’ but dark and silty like no other. I tried and failed. There’s a sunken log and large rocks (fishing snags) right off the pier so be cautious. I’d try again but I have to depart ATL. So if any local divers in GA find a iPhone 11 Pro Max in a black waterproof case right off the the south side of the pier, please reach out to me.

Attachments

• 0A335541-7338-4CFB-8332-5BA46660D73C.png
    0A335541-7338-4CFB-8332-5BA46660D73C.png
    413 KB · Views: 149
Suggest you also contact the dive shop closest to this lake, as well as a local divers group on FB, if one exists.

If the waterproof case holds enough air to make it partially buoyant it might drift away.

Calling GA divers, help me retrieve my phone. His holiday season I visited family and decided to try some fishing off the pier at Flower Branch Park in Flowery Branch, GA. While at the pier I got a call and fumbled my phone into the lake. The below pic shows exactly where I was standing on the pier. As a diver myself I had to try to find it. Shout out to 2000 leagues for being open and renting me gear. As fellow GA divers knows Lake Lanier is not by any stretch a clear lake. The depth right off the pier is only 8’-10’ but dark and silty like no other. I tried and failed. There’s a sunken log and large rocks (fishing snags) right off the pier so be cautious. I’d try again but I have to depart ATL. So if any local divers in GA find a iPhone 11 Pro Max in a black waterproof case right off the the south side of the pier, please reach out to me.

On facebook there is a group called "georgia dive buddies", and a few people that regularly dive Lanier post in there. You might try reaching out there as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom