Sidemount/double config - XTX50/DST or MTX-R or MTX-RC ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's not that they're expensive, it's that they are something like 10-15% more expensive in the US market than they are in Europe which is irritating

Dive Rite imports their regs from Taiwan as well, I'm not sure I'd use a companies historic legacy as a buying criteria when they don't actually manufacture their own regulators. This applies to essentially everyone except Poseidon, Scubapro, Apeks, Aqualung, and Mares. I'm sure I'm missing someone else, but essentially everyone else is important at least part of their regulators from the big OEM's in Taiwan, and yes that includes Atomic.

What about TUSA?

TUSA doesn't make bad regs, but they don't offer a 5th port turret that is desirable for SM. also not a fan of their 2nd stages.

View attachment 637187

Could be an optical illusion, I've not seen one in the flesh.

the mtx-rc hp port works fine for backmount doubles in a standard DIR config. it also gives a little extra spacing for an AI transmitter without a short hp extender hose. not as good for backmount singles with a long hose on the fifth port though. better off running it as shown and leaving the 5th port unused.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom