Which Force Fin to dive dry ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not that kind of dry ! It'd be AWFUL ! :( What the fun of a nice Sunday family dinner without a nice bottle of wine ? :wink: Btw, I'll have a toast later on to all forum members, thank you for all the info. :)

Still, I'm a bit surprised no one gave any info on diving with the SD1.
I am glad no one has given a review on SD-1. 99% were sold to special Forces, world wide. . But recently send a pair to my pal Jonathan Bird. Be interesting to hear his comments. Have several pairs that I will be selling. 25 years ago the cost per pair was around $600.00. At this point not plan to make any more. Sold over 500 pairs.
IMG_4591-fw.jpg

I have the SD-1, but no Adjustables so I have no reference point. I prefer the XXXL to SD-1. Foot pocket it too easy to get into and out of (bungie of course) and I still have the FF Pro that I know and love.

Not that kind of dry ! It'd be AWFUL ! :( What the fun of a nice Sunday family dinner without a nice bottle of wine ? :wink: Btw, I'll have a toast later on to all forum members, thank you for all the info. :)

Still, I'm a bit surprised no one gave any info on diving with the SD1.
Well, you should probably drop by and try out some of my fins. We are pretty close to you living in Tallinn, Estonia. You can try XXXL Pros, XXL Pros, XXL Extraforce in Tan Delta, etc.

Well, you should probably drop by and try out some of my fins. We are pretty close to you living in Tallinn, Estonia. You can try XXXL Pros, XXL Pros, XXL Extraforce in Tan Delta, etc.

Thank you very much for the invitation, but pretty close in relative I guess, and besides travelling just right now is kind of chaotic. But later on, who knows ? :)

Our Father Gordon B. Evans captured the mood from the early 1960's. Kind of seems fitting for todays news. Travel will never be the same I am sad to state.
political-077-fw.jpg

I have the SD-1, but no Adjustables so I have no reference point. I prefer the XXXL to SD-1. Foot pocket it too easy to get into and out of (bungie of course) and I still have the FF Pro that I know and love.

I reactivate this thread : I'm just back from a week diving in le Var and clearly I need a new pair of fins for my dry suit. The ones I use right now are ok for short dives, but after 45' the toll on my legs and soles is too heavy.

Would you tell me why you prefer your XXXL Force Fin Pro to the SD-1, please ? :wink:

I reactivate this thread : I'm just back from a week diving in le Var and clearly I need a new pair of fins for my dry suit. The ones I use right now are ok for short dives, but after 45' the toll on my legs and soles is too heavy.

Would you tell me why you prefer your XXXL Force Fin Pro to the SD-1, please ? :wink:
Well, the SD-1 you can adjust for warm and Dry suit diving. But it is not a easy kicking fin and you need to be at a Navy Seal level. And it is expensive due to having a few left. Sizing has always been a issue with so many Force Fin Models. The Dive Adjustable Force Fin is also a good choice with adjustable foot pocket design.Adjustable Force Fin - Force Fin
bruce-herman-photo.jpg
Bruce Herman captured the kind of sizing I like to see.

Nice pic indeed ! :D When you say Navy Seal level, do you mean those fins are too stiff for any common mortal or you need some experience ?

What I'm looking for is an adjustable fin which would allow me to move my bulk (6ft03 ; more than 200 pounds) + twin set and stages, or rebreather + bail outs, in a dry suit (wide size 11 feet in socks + rock boots).

So far, what I've found is either way to small, or (when I can put them one) is way too floppy. My Mares Power Plana aren't bad at all, good propulsion with them, but not so comfortable after 3/4 of an hour. To be honest they are as bendable as planks.

I fell truly in love with my Force Fin Pro after being lost at sea for 2h30 :confused: : no cramps, although I kept finning and helping a buddy. Alas, I can't use them with my dry suit as already stated.

Besides, I've decided to treat myself to something nice for my 50th birthday ! :p

What I'm looking for is an adjustable fin which would allow me to move my bulk (6ft03 ; more than 200 pounds) + twin set and stages, or rebreather + bail outs, in a dry suit (wide size 11 feet in socks + rock boots).

XXXL FF are nice and wide. I made a custom set of inserts to use with my rock boots and they fit beautifully. Stop by and try them out! :)
We should be organizing some ice diving soon.

Thank you for the invitation :), I've always wanted to try ice diving, but as I've said, travelling just right now is quite a bother... :(

I guess you've got enough power with your XXXL FF Pro. May I know what equipment you're carrying while diving with them ? As a matter of comparison.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom