Din to Yoke Insert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or convert your current reg if there's a conversion kit

Yes...or that.

I’m assuming that if he’s asking this question...for whatever reason...he likes diving with a yoke first stage. Buying a DIN first stage would allow him the option to flip between the two options quickly (ex. Dive trip with only yoke tank options) without having to screw around with a DIN to yoke converter.

Yes...or that.

I’m assuming that if he’s asking this question...for whatever reason...he likes diving with a yoke first stage. Buying a DIN first stage would allow him the option to flip between the two options quickly (ex. Dive trip with only yoke tank options) without having to screw around with a DIN to yoke converter.

For me, it's quicker to throw on a DIN to Yoke adapter than to unscrew hoses/second stages to swap to a DIN first stage. Also the Din to Yoke converter is generally going to be lighter for travel

Thanks for all the advice. Broncobowsher is right there is no dimple on the back of the valve so it won't take a yoke. So i will just leave it as a DIN. I do have a DIN adapter installed on my SP MK20 but I also have other SP 1st stages with a yoke. I just wanted to have the option of switching over.

I always thought those were just for filling....
They are just for filling. Even with pressure, you can knock it loose. If you're going to go that route, get this from DRIS

pa-6.webp

DIN to Yoke Fill Adapter

Back
Top Bottom