Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why? You don’t need PCR test to go home. Antigen is good enough and some resorts / liveaboard would provide it for free and it only takes 2 hours to get the result.

We are still going - just staying somewhere they offer the test on property and offer the free two weeks if we test positive.

That's odd. I wonder what they're swabbing? I've been PCR tested at least 6 times as part of testing at my work place. They do nasopharyngeal swabs, which means inserting a very long Q-trip through a nostril till it touches the back of my (behind the nose, above the mouth) throat. I don't recall any warnings not to brush teeth, eat or gargle beforehand.

Are they perhaps swabbing in the mouth?

Well, if brushing teeth and gargling washes away surface virus and makes a negative result more likely, expect people to be brushing and gargling like crazy before their test.

We are still going - just staying somewhere they offer the test on property and offer the free two weeks if we test positive.
Can you disclose where this is that will give you two weeks free if you test positive? I have a trip planned in March....

Can you disclose where this is that will give you two weeks free if you test positive? I have a trip planned in March....
Read back in this thread and you will see three or four making that offer. I believe that Cozumel Palace was one of them; it looks like the same deal at all that have been shown here.

Do you need a miracle every day? :D

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Several posts have been deleted as 'OFF-TOPIC, and one was edited to remove off-topic material. PLEASE, STAY ON THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD, which is: 'COVID testing in Cozumel'. Thank you in advance.
Mine was removed because I joked about being able to buy a test from a guy off Melgar. That was a joke but there is substance behind it. There is going to be a market for fake test when this this rolls out. But that is fine I can find another board to post on.

I have a friend who just returned from the Caribbean (I don't know where). They needed a negative test prior to leaving Colorado for their trip. The test they took, given by our county, was a mouth swab. She told us they rinsed with peroxide just prior to getting swabbed. I would assume they did not tell the tester that...

I have a friend who just returned from the Caribbean (I don't know where). They needed a negative test prior to leaving Colorado for their trip. The test they took, given by our county, was a mouth swab. She told us they rinsed with peroxide just prior to getting swabbed. I would assume they did not tell the tester that...
Your friend is a selfish jerk then...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom