Booked !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are still in a global pandemic and there are so many questions. Stay informed on our response.”

Meanwhile I’ll be going to places that would let me go there, like Socorro, Cocos & Galápagos. So no big loss. Indonesia needs to follow Mexico, Costa Rica & Ecuador if they want to get back to tourism or just stay close & keep suffering financially leading to something worse happens.

An example:
Anyone traveled to Costa Rica under the new COVID regulations?

'Travel Bubble' Between Hong Kong And Singapore Is Delayed Amid COVID-19 Spike

If the "spike" happens after the implementation of the "travel bubble", tourists may find themselves subject to 14 days of quarantine when return home.

We have booked the Adventurer for Feb 2022.

Pulled the trigger and booked Raja Ampat for 21 Dec '21. It feels GREAT to book a trip!!

We chose the Solitude Adventurer because they allowed a 5% deposit (lots of things can happen between now and over a year from now). The "best estimates" of Dr. Francis Collins (head of NIH) and Dr. Fauci are for next winter (winter of 2021 - 2022) to be "normal". So we'll see.

Lots of LOBs are already booked, as many trips booked for 2020 were simply postponed until 2021.
Meanwhile we're doing our best to stay in shape (lost 25 lbs) and trying not to get to old, too fast. :shocked:

- Bill
Hahaha same time, different boat!

I just came back from Cocos in last December and Socorro, a couple days ago. All is well. I just followed the COVID-19 protocols. No biggy. Treated everyone as if they had the virus, i.e., wear mask, social distancing, etc. So far, so good. Fingers crossed!

I have 9 more trips lined up for this year due to rescheduling the cancelled trips from last year and those that I already booked prior to the pandemic mess. Now I just need to manage these trips carefully, like walking across land mines. LOL

Here’s my 2021 dive trips:
1. Socorro in Jan - just finished
2. Belize in Feb - booked in Jan 2020
3. Maldives in Mar - booked in Jan 2021
4. Tiger Beach in Apr - 11/19 rescheduled
5. Socorro in May - booked in Sep 2019
6. Malpelo in July - booked in Jan 2020
7. Sangalaki in Aug - booked in Aug 2019
8. Cocos in Sep - 9/20 rescheduled
9. Guadalupe in Oct - 7/20 rescheduled
10. Galápagos in Nov - 5/20 rescheduled

Just consulted my family physician about getting the COVID-19 vaccines. Shucks! He said I’m not qualified to take the Covid-19 vaccines until it’s available to general public. So it’ll be awhile. :(

Hahaha same time, different boat!
Congrats! We are planning to dive in Raja Ampat around the same time. We have put a cabin on hold but have not yet "booked' it due to the uncertainty on world travel at the end of 2021.

Hopes for getting to Indonesia later in 2021. UK dive tour ops have been organising Zooms with some of their resorts. I've been in Indonesia and in the Maldives already - sort of. Now is the time for putting enquiries in to dive resorts and liveaboards to let them know they are not forgotten. They are on a knife-edge financially and this may help them plan ahead. And perhaps also, if you are previous guests, you can book provisionally with a 24 hour arrangement that if they get another firm booking enquiry they email you and if you don't respond you lose your slot.

Hopes for getting to Indonesia later in 2021. UK dive tour ops have been organising Zooms with some of their resorts. I've been in Indonesia and in the Maldives already - sort of. Now is the time for putting enquiries in to dive resorts and liveaboards to let them know they are not forgotten. They are on a knife-edge financially and this may help them plan ahead. And perhaps also, if you are previous guests, you can book provisionally with a 24 hour arrangement that if they get another firm booking enquiry they email you and if you don't respond you lose your slot.
I don' t want to rain on your parade. But I foresee two major possible problems. The population in Indonesia will not be vaccinated yet by the end of 2021 (or 2022). Most of the group which got vaccinated, will have received a vaccine which offers less than 80% protection against the signs and symptoms of Covid-19. People who arrive from outside Indonesia can still infect others, as far as we have to presume until now. And they still can be infected and bring variants of the virus home. Either everybody has to stick to all Covid-19 protocols when going on holidays, or international travel should only take place as far it is really urgent and should be done with proper testing and needed quarantines.

Book early and nothing to lose if money is NOT involved otherwise NO CHANCE.
I would love to help but not at my own expenses.

We do not ask for any deposit when people book. They can pay the day they leave. But that does no seem to be the only thing to consider. Many guests of ours who became good friends over the years told us they are worried that they suddenly will get stuck in Indonesia. For example because a new variant of the virus is discovered in Indonesia which brings extra risks. Or that they have to be in quarantine upon returning home. It seems that Australia does not plan to allow foreigners in for this year. Simply to much uncertainty to feel comfortable to plan now. And if you plan anything, how will the chances be it will work out as you thought? I wonder how many reservations Qatar can accept and still more or less guarantee you can fly within one week of the booked date.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom