Looking for a new dive mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uber Dave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I dive with a Synergy 2 Trufit Dive mask, I like it however it pushes up against my septum and it can hurt at times. Any suggestions for a mask that is a little more comfortable and won't press up against the septum?

This may be obvious but have you tried loosing up the straps?
Sometimes one adjust the straps without the 2nd stage in your mouth. Then you add a hood. it feels fine for he 1st few moments but is actually too tight.
Just a thought , usually people test masks without holding the 2nd stage in the mouth.

I was gonna add I wear my mask rather loose and let the water pressure keep it on

I was gonna add I wear my mask rather loose and let the water pressure keep it on

In that case, what I said is definetely not applicable.
Good luck

Dave,

I have always had the same issue to the point where it gets sore on trips, I got in the habit of breathing out my nose periodically to make sure the air space is equalized.

Besides that, this mask works great for everyone I have recommended it to, don’t let the price fool you, it’s well made and comfortable, excellent field of view.

DGX Ultra View Frameless Mask

Not to say a new mask isn't a good thing, but have you tried a different mouthpiece? I resolved a similar issue by making such a change. Just a thought...:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom