One spot available in Nautilus Belle Amie May 11-19, 2021 $400 off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan

First I want to say welcome back to shore and thank you for looking into this for us. But I wonder where the info of state to state requirements is from. My understanding is that this is a federal mandate with dependence of the airlines to enforce. And that per CDC either a negative antigen (rapid) or PCR is acceptable.

I just passed the info from the manager of See Creatures. Don’t kill the messenger. :D

:p

Worse case scenario I just have to plan to stay over rather than arrive early. Less convenient but certainly doable. Just glad I hadn’t made any reservations yet.

Reactions: Dan
From the Nautilus website as of this morning (16JAN) -- kudos for the quickness of a plan and covering the cost (seems above and beyond for the boat to absorb the cost, but it is appreciated)

"Guests flying back to the US from Mexico are now required to have a negative test for COVID-19. To ensure this doesn’t impact your trip, we are working with the local hospital to provide testing on the boat prior to disembarking, or at the airport for people leaving San Ignacio. We will cover the costs of this test, and results will be available within two hours, ensuring no delays in you getting home.

If you require a PVR test instead of the antigen test, we will cover the cost up to the amount of the antigen test and are happy to book everything for you."

From the Nautilus website as of this morning (16JAN) -- kudos for the quickness of a plan and covering the cost (seems above and beyond for the boat to absorb the cost, but it is appreciated)

"Guests flying back to the US from Mexico are now required to have a negative test for COVID-19. To ensure this doesn’t impact your trip, we are working with the local hospital to provide testing on the boat prior to disembarking, or at the airport for people leaving San Ignacio. We will cover the costs of this test, and results will be available within two hours, ensuring no delays in you getting home.

If you require a PVR test instead of the antigen test, we will cover the cost up to the amount of the antigen test and are happy to book everything for you."

I guess PVR is a misspelling of PCR.

Nautilus liveaboard has been very good in taking care of us, not only in keeping us safe during the trip, but also in handling the unexpected costs, like the marine park fees. I heard other liveaboards are just simply adding the whopping $375 of marine park fees onto the trip cost, instead of giving us back as credits. I used that credit towards the NITROX cost of $100 on the last trip and plan to use the unused balance of $275 towards the balance payment of this upcoming trip in May.

Do you have any recommendation how to reserve the room at Tesoro Los Cabos at the best rate? And room suggestions?

i just want to say again that we all appreciate your selfless sacrifice in scouting out the territory with your current trip. We know you did it just for us. :D

When I looked on their website I could only get the full meal plan option. I could find the breakfast only on other sites but at a higher price. That was about a week ago. I will look again tonight.

Back
Top Bottom