Turks and Caicos - Aggressor Dec 12-19...Advice, recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, did Capt. Amanda and Rob leave permanently? They had been with that boat for quite a while.

I don't think so. We were on the boat the week of Dec 12th and the relief Captain (Christy, who is getting ready to take over the new Cayman Aggressor when they open, and who was awesome BTW) informed us they were on a Christmas break. I'm almost 100% sure that I saw Capt. Amanda boarding the boat when they were provisioning on Saturday getting ready for the next trip.

I don't think so. We were on the boat the week of Dec 12th and the relief Captain (Christy, who is getting ready to take over the new Cayman Aggressor when they open, and who was awesome BTW) informed us they were on a Christmas break. I'm almost 100% sure that I saw Capt. Amanda boarding the boat when they were provisioning on Saturday getting ready for the next trip.

Thanks for the update, I am glad to hear they are still there, and that they got a break.

I hope you enjoyed the trip. I was In T & C after christmas, but in a spot that had no diving available unfortunately. The weather was very windy, so I don't think any boats went out of Provo regardless.

Glad to hear it. I liked Amanda and Rob; his dry humor was a plus the week I was there.

The weather was very windy, so I don't think any boats went out of Provo regardless.

We were fortunate to have perfect weather while we were there. We were able to make the crossing to French Cay and all that....it was great.

Awesome- love that night dive with all the nurse sharks feeding!

Awesome- love that night dive with all the nurse sharks feeding!

Yeah, first time we've seen nurse sharks so active. We had about 10-15 nurse sharks and a good 10-15 reef sharks out on the reef at the same time. It was amazing to see them all out hunting naturally with no feeding or baiting. So cool!

I've been on this boat twice (2015 and 2016) on 10-day trips. I had a great time both trips and look forward to going again.

I'd add the following to the above suggestions:
-- With COVID, I'm don't know what has changed with the "process". After departing the boat on the last day, we walked to a nearby restaurant/cafe and had drinks/snacks while waiting (couple hours) for the ride to the airport. You'll want bug spray during the wait. This was the only time I needed bug spray (both trips).
-- Thumbs up to the lycra socks. Definitely help with preventing your boots from rubbing on your feet as well as making it easier to put on your wet suit. I add lycra shorts and a long sleeve rash guard... they also help with getting on the wetsuit. I wear a full 1mm wetsuit in T&C.
-- A nice feature of this boat is that for night dives they don't have a beacon light on a rope. Instead they have what reminds me of two car headlights shining straight down. Illuminates a very large area under the boat.
-- I needed bonine for the crossing (if you even do a crossing). Hadn't gotten seasick before. It was mild but enough to need something... maybe I'm just starting to get old.

I had heard this several times and later found this to be very true. If you enjoy the T&C Aggressor, the crew recommends the Belize Aggressor. If you enjoy the Belize Aggressor, the crew recommends the T&C Aggressor. I later went on the Belize Aggressor III and had a great time.

Cheers...

I'm looking at going on the T&C Aggressor LOB mid March. The T&C's requires a covid test no more than 5 days before travel and covid insurance. Has anyone gone through this for a LOB? I've never hear of covid insurance before. I'm trying to get out a bit since I have not had a dive since July last year in the OBX

I was lucky to go to T & C for my honeymoon last August-

We found it pretty easy to complete the required travel protocols.

Here is the official website if you have not seen it:

TCI || Dashboard

We did our COVID tests at a Passport Health location in Michigan, they guaranteed results in 48-72 hours. I think they are moving even quicker now.

We used Travelex for the travel insurance, it covers any COVID situations, and also has the required emergency evacuation coverage needed.

Once you have the insurance and negative results, you upload everything to the TCI portal for approval that you need to travel to TCI.

I am not sure how Aggressor is handling the required COVID testing for return to the USA- you should reach out to them directly.

Let me know of any more questions, you will have a wonderful trip if you end up going.

I'm looking at going on the T&C Aggressor LOB mid March. The T&C's requires a covid test no more than 5 days before travel and covid insurance. Has anyone gone through this for a LOB? I've never hear of covid insurance before. I'm trying to get out a bit since I have not had a dive since July last year in the OBX

Thanks for the report; Any pictures?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom