LBTS ...dive flag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luca Brasi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Are you required by law to use a dive flag? Do local groups meet to dive this location? Is it worth diving?

You are required to use a dive flag by Law. Force-E and several other groups do meet up dives at LBTS. I believe it is worth it personally, your belief may vary.

Not only required by law but you don't want to dive that area without one anyway. I am not trying to scare you but boaters there seem to have a hard enough time avoiding divers with a flag not having one would be even more dangerous.

Not only required by law but you don't want to dive that area without one anyway. I am not trying to scare you but boaters there seem to have a hard enough time avoiding divers with a flag not having one would be even more dangerous.
Just a few weeks ago a woman died off Palm Beach after being struck by their dive boat, and i've had loads of encounters with jetskiers, they are the worse...<TG>

Here's the law: Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Here's where the FWC translates the law into English: Regulations

Personally, I think each buddy pair carrying a flag is a good way to go. Each diver would probably be even better, although some (such as my wife) would not be happy campers...

The biggest problem is that many boaters don't know what a dive flag means. There's no mandatory license/class required in order to drive a boat in Florida. Residents and longtime boaters typically know what they are. Visitors renting a boat, new boat owners, or careless long time boat owners often have no idea. Furthermore, the penalty for violating the law is so pathetic that a literal slap on the wrist would be more harsh.

431001-be8351d22c04a961bf2e8140a1e7d58b.jpg

Do 'stand your ground' laws apply to using spear guns? Just curious...
what like just in that scene from James Bond Dr.No...:76feet:

Here's the law: Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Here's where the FWC translates the law into English: Regulations

Personally, I think each buddy pair carrying a flag is a good way to go. Each diver would probably be even better, although some (such as my wife) would not be happy campers...

The biggest problem is that many boaters don't know what a dive flag means. There's no mandatory license/class required in order to drive a boat in Florida. Residents and longtime boaters typically know what they are. Visitors renting a boat, new boat owners, or careless long time boat owners often have no idea. Furthermore, the penalty for violating the law is so pathetic that a literal slap on the wrist would be more harsh.

View attachment 636495
Not true, if you are born after 1995 i think, you need an ED card.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom