INDONESIA - 2021 Cancellations Ahead, is your booking at risk?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent article!

Still trying to get a feel for trip out of Sorong's chances at the end of April.

I read things about Bali opening, without a date... how far behind Bali is everything else going to be?

Well it means countries should not open up to general tourism for a few years then.
I do not know how you came to this conclusion. If somebody is vaccinated with one of the better vaccines. And everybody still behave as they should do now. I do not know why people could not travel internationaly. Of course you have be willing to take the risk that your trip/flight will be canceled last moment or that you cannot return home without quarantine. This could happen if a mutation cause a new strain which creates a doubt that the vaccines may protect sufficient. I have no idea how large these risks really are. But that is not how human brains work anyway.

Excellent article!

Still trying to get a feel for trip out of Sorong's chances at the end of April.

I read things about Bali opening, without a date... how far behind Bali is everything else going to be?
Bali opening articles are based on wishful thinking only. At the moment Indonesia is completely closed to foreigners until 28 January. At least until then. Nothing about what after that date. The numbers are rising (not the number of people tested). We closed because of the In Brittain discovered variant. Then came the news from South Africa and today Brazil. We have to delay the spread of these more contagious variants as much as we can. Indonesia is not up to an outbreak such as in Germany.

Maybe international tourism will not be able to start anytime soon. I mean within this year. I would understand that many countries prefer to limit the import of new variants of the virus as long as possible. By the way, Indonesia still tested les than 6 million people until now since the start of the pandemic. And at the moment 30% of the people which have been tested the last couple of days are positive. New coronavirus variants could cause more reinfections, require updated vaccines | Science | AAAS

Quick update on my previous post. The company was willing to postpone me and issued me credit good for 2 years (this was Maldives). Still waiting and hoping for Indonesia this fall.

Sent an email to our agent, saying let's go ahead and pull the plug on April 2021. Even though we were still in the cancellation window that existed when we deferred in 2020, se says not surprisingly that no one is giving refunds for anything at this point. So try to look in the crystal ball and pick a date... again... that we in our completely unscientific minds think will be OK to travel again. Given how far we were off in this estimate this year I don't have a lot of faith we can pick anything that will go better

He ages well. Komodo 2015 snap, looking a little pensive, good hair

View attachment 632297

I met him and Maureen Shimlock at Mabul, a couple of decades ago.

Burt is the reason I'm a staunch lycra sock for inside booties fan. My feet were hamburger from my booties and he told me the secret.

I will never forget those two, especially Burt. Very nice people too both above and below.

Sent an email to our agent, saying let's go ahead and pull the plug on April 2021. Even though we were still in the cancellation window that existed when we deferred in 2020, se says not surprisingly that no one is giving refunds for anything at this point. So try to look in the crystal ball and pick a date... again... that we in our completely unscientific minds think will be OK to travel again. Given how far we were off in this estimate this year I don't have a lot of faith we can pick anything that will go better
If an Indonesian variant would be discovered which could be either more transmittable and/or more causing serious ilness, tourism to and from Indonesia will not start with 12 months. If there would be any doubt whether the vaccines prevent the worse effects of these, still imagineable, variant, it could be much longer than one year. Indeed, crystal ball...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom