Why Backplate and Wing? - BP/Wing vs Jacket BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i did find that when i dove AL80s, it did have a slight tendency to push forward.....barely noticeable, but if you were sitting there not finning, it would eventually lean you forward...

when i switched to a steel 100, that problem went away completely

honestly i could have fixed it with a few trim weights, but i wasnt diving ALs long enough to bother.

I had to decide to get a new BCD or backplate. I have dived using both. So I am doing single tank dives and may in the future do some dives where I bring a small pony. In the end I went with the Scuba Pro Black XXL size being not a small chap.

It's really snug, has pockets for trim weights and inserted weights, has large pockets I can put things in.
Not the smallest kits for traveling with but really does not bother me as I get to a place and normally dive there for at least a week so my kit stays at the dive center. It's a really comfortable BCD for me.

XXL XBLACK SCUBA PRO.jpg

I have no issues w my b/p w but my old zeagle stilleto was more comfortable
Only just noticed what a cool forum name you have!!!

Luca Brasi said:
I have no issues w my b/p w but my old zeagle stilleto was more comfortable

Only just noticed what a cool forum name you have!!!

I always tell me wife if I never return from a dive trip I am sleeping with the fishes. She got a good laugh from that.

All personal preferences BP/W or jacket etc etc.
They all serve only one purpose,nothing more and nothing less.
All equal.

All personal preferences BP/W or jacket etc etc.
They all serve only one purpose,nothing more and nothing less.
All equal.

no. Not all one purpose, as a BP/W performs many different purposes. Doubles, side mount, singles, lift capacity, etc. My Oceanic Biolite is great for traveling, but won’t provide me enough lift when I’m in my Drysuit, for example. My dive rite trans plate can do everything my biolite can, and more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom