Looking for torn, damaged DUI Zip seals...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryan Wininger

Registered
Reaction score
Hey All,
Been lurking around here a few years getting a lot of good information from you all. I am trying to get my hands on some DUI zip seals that have damaged/torn latex. I am wanting to try my hand a seal repair. If anyone has any wrist seals, or G1 neck seals that would fit the bill they are looking to get rid of or sell cheap please let me know.

Thanks!
Ryan

Hey, welcome to the board. Sorry, don’t have any to sell, but can I can confirm they are easily replaceable. Especially the wrists. I’ve asked here multiple times for people to give or sell busted seals and no takers, not sure why. Hopefully you will have better luck. $30 bucks for latex seals plus cost of the "ends" plus labor = there’s not a ton of savings, but there is a little. The only way I get the ends is trading out for repaired ones with my local buddies - most dive DUI zip seals.

And here’s another trick: you can sew the wrist seal "ends" onto a suit to upgrade it to replaceable seals. Done that as well.

Thanks. This time of year, and especially this year with covid, we don't get out of station much. Looking to add to my skill set and give me something to do at work when it's slow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom