Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is that the test Canada is asking for? I thought it was the other one that's like 2500 pesos?
The report in the NYT says it expands on the requirements put in place for travelers from the UK. Those requirements accepted the rapid antigen test as the results from the PCR tests often take too long to meet the requirement for a three day window. More will be revealed I suspect.

PCR test or you can’t get home. I’m no expert but the CDN govt is using the airlines to deny Canadian citizens the right to return home. Constitution be dammed. You can however fly to Buffalo and rent a car and drive across -no test required!

Canada Will Require Negative COVID-19 Test 72 Hours Before Arrival - FlyerTalk Forums

and all for only 2% of cases that come from travel!
The federal government has advised against non-essential travel outside Canada since the start of the pandemic, though officials noted Wednesday that about two per cent of COVID-19 cases have been brought into the country from overseas.

Air travellers entering Canada must soon have a negative COVID-19 test before arriving, Ottawa says | CBC News

All US and Canadian travelers:

Coastamed is one facility that can provide testing for you - Andrea the english speaking do all for them posted this this morning:

Andrea Sekula
Please email our reception.:
frontdeskcozumel@costamed.com.mx
Important:
Please provide your full names as on your passports (no nicknames) DOB, date and time of your flight departure.
You can also call us at 987 872 9400. Select reception.
If any troubles you can PM me. I am working closely with our reception staff to help meet the need.

There was a post with their pricing but I can't find it, seems like the long test was 2500 pesos, some type of rapid test was 900 pesos - I have no idea of which test is which and what is needed - just posting this so Andrea doesn't get flooded with Facecrook messages.

There was a post with their pricing but I can't find it, .

3rd post in this thread has a link to their site with the pricing. Based upon my understanding of what the US will require (viral and not antibody), it is the more expensive option on the site.

I don't know if we have any CDC experts here, but here goes. This text is from the CDC website...

Air passengers are required to get a viral test (a test for current infection) within the 3 days before their flight to the U.S. departs, and provide written documentation of their laboratory test result (paper or electronic copy) to the airline or provide documentation of having recovered from COVID-19. Airlines must confirm the negative test result for all passengers or documentation of recovery before they board. If a passenger does not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery, or chooses not to take a test, the airline must deny boarding to the passenger.

My wife and I both had Covid over the Christmas season, and have recovered. Anyone have any idea if we are "good to go"? I know it's a stretch to try to get in the mind (or lack thereof) of Government, but I'm asking for your thoughts.

I don't know if we have any CDC experts here, but here goes. This text is from the CDC website...

Air passengers are required to get a viral test (a test for current infection) within the 3 days before their flight to the U.S. departs, and provide written documentation of their laboratory test result (paper or electronic copy) to the airline or provide documentation of having recovered from COVID-19. Airlines must confirm the negative test result for all passengers or documentation of recovery before they board. If a passenger does not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery, or chooses not to take a test, the airline must deny boarding to the passenger.

My wife and I both had Covid over the Christmas season, and have recovered. Anyone have any idea if we are "good to go"? I know it's a stretch to try to get in the mind (or lack thereof) of Government, but I'm asking for your thoughts.
I would suggest that you contact your airline and ask what sort of documentation they require to prove that you had it, and have recovered.

Do you have a piece of paper saying you recovered? This is all getting kind of out of hand and nonsensical.

One thing to keep in mind for Cozumel or any other place, is that their info on availability of testing and turnaround times is only accurate as of now. No one knows if they will hold when every US tourist will require a test, and their load increases 1000% or more.

From the CDC website:

When do I need to get a test to travel to the US? And what kind of test do I need?
Get tested no more than 3 days before your flight to the US departs. Make sure to be tested with a viral test (NAAT or antigen test) to determine if you are currently infected with COVID-19. Also make sure that you receive your results before your flight departs and have documentation of your results to show the airline.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom