Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, yes, except that it has been months and months and months that the Canadian government has said "don't travel". They made it more difficult to return than it was before, but that policy hasn't changed. You need to be ready to accept that anything can happen, should you decide to ignore that policy.

my only possible sympathy might be for those that were allowed to travel "before" canada implemented the new testing policy. they made plans based on what the govn't rules were and then the govn't changed the rules on them after they were out of the country. i am not sure what anyone would do if they were in a remote location where an appropriate test was not avail. they may have even been somewhere so remote that the news of the new policy could not reach them. i have not heard any stories of this happening though.

"The CDC will also consider waivers of testing requirements for airlines flying to countries with little or no testing capacity, including some places in the Caribbean."

No clarification yet.

I know this stuff is only hours old, but where did you see that?

My wife and I are headed to Bora Bora in March and will have this issue (in addition to me having the issue in Cozumel next month)

upload_2021-1-12_21-27-9.png

I know this stuff is only hours old, but where did you see that?

My wife and I are headed to Bora Bora in March and will have this issue (in addition to me having the issue in Cozumel next month)

I quoted from the OP's link.

This is an antigen test. The CDC is require a viral test - which checks for current infection. Although they have not specifically required a RT-PCR test, so I believe that the rapid tests might qualify as long as they test for active infection.

Antigen tests are testing for antibodies and are primarily used to see if you have had Covid.

Is that the test Canada is asking for? I thought it was the other one that's like 2500 pesos?
Well, that's a good question. Here is what the Canadian gov't website says. I don't know which test that is...."The test must be performed using a COVID-19 molecular polymerase chain reaction (or PCR) test and must be taken within 72 hours prior to the traveller’s scheduled departure to Canada."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom