Secrets Resort Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not seen this mentioned but the storms last year destroyed the Secrets pier. As far as I know they have not started rebuilding or even if it will be completed by March. I hope it gets done because I wanted to use it in April. At present if you want to board a boat for scuba, fishing, etc, you have to wade into the water to board or walk down to the concrete pier on the other side of Sabor

Just go to Costco website and put in Cozumel Palace. i think it was $226 for 2. Top shelf bars in room. When we stayed there, I booked thru an offsite that many Palace members sell their timeshares and I can't remember who it was
I tired this and only got in store items? Just curious...

(2 Adults)

CozumelCozumelPalace_Oceanfront_Suite_-_All-Inclusive.jpg

Limited-Time Promotion Six
Rate details and cancellation policy- Opens a dialog
svg-question-mark.svg
- Opens a dialog
Included Extras
  • USD 226 Costco Shop Card
    svg-question-mark.svg

Is that $226 per night?

I have not seen this mentioned but the storms last year destroyed the Secrets pier. As far as I know they have not started rebuilding or even if it will be completed by March. I hope it gets done because I wanted to use it in April. At present if you want to board a boat for scuba, fishing, etc, you have to wade into the water to board or walk down to the concrete pier on the other side of Sabor

Well, I hope the dock cop collected enough of those $2 or $3 / fees for the rebuild! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

or walk down to the concrete pier on the other side of Sabor

ya this is what we had to do when staying at sabor one time. it was a bit of a pain carrying the gear but my wife got to feed the iguanas on the walk there and back so.....:)

To the OP: I've never stayed at a Secrets resort but from what I've heard from others who have stayed at the Secrets on Coz they tend to say something to the effect, "If you've never stayed at another Secrets resort it will be a good experience. If you've stayed at other Secrets resorts this one is a dump".

So, it depends on if you are a Secrets regular that has visited other Secrets properties before the Coz locations or if you are a first timer to Secrets. If you're a first timer, I think you'll probably find the accommodations at The Palace in Coz to be more on par with what Secrets offers at its other locations (excluding the sandy beach).

I'd say read through the reviews of the Secrets Cozumel resort on TA and don't read the 4-5 star reviews that are generally posted by 1st timers. Read the 1-3 star reviews as I think that is where Secrets frequenters that have visited their locations tend complain about the Coz location.

My husband and I have booked a trip to Cozumel for March. We are currently booked at Secrets Resort for this trip. We plan to dive every day while we are there, so we are not looking for a ton of activities at the resort--mainly good food, nice beach and pool for after diving. Since we are going during Spring Break, we selected Secrets so that there would not be kids. After reading reviews of Secrets, I am having second thoughts. Husband wants an all inclusive with good food. I want a nice beach. Should we look for a different resort?
To answer your question without all the other Bull and never been there answer here you go.
Secrets beach is very good, they rake it every morning, it is not white fine powder sand but not so coarse that it hurts to walk on. entry into water can be a chore as there are rocks and sand mix. bring aqua socks or wear your booty for this and so you don't burn your feet on hot sand after noon. they often have pool activities like exercise and pool aerobics swim up bar at the prefer side can get noisy but the waterslide pool and beachside pools are more layed back. They will try to get you to do beach activities at the south end of the beach. this activity is in the area that has no beach chairs so its out of the way. most of that is done in the morning while your out diving anyway. Gets to hot in the pm for physical activity.
Food at Secrets is hit and miss depends on what your into the fish dishes are usually top notch and the French named restaurant is excellent. the snack bar is open air covered and is not a hot dog/hamburger stand but serves a upscale lunch menu. There is a buffet at north end of beach which is typical buffet with average food. You can wonder over to Sunscape directly north of the buffet and they have a snack bar and beach bar. That snack bar servers dinner at night which has food ala a family restaurant here in states. Also in this area is a Mexican theme and food restaurant that is above average.
As stated in another post pier was washed away. In house dive shop loads on the concrete pier on the north end of the sunscape property. That is a good walk to carry your gear. I would suggest a smaller boutique shop that keeps your gear. Many will keep everything except wetsuit, rinse and dry for next morn. Pickup at that concrete pier or have them pick up in front of the hotel and you walk out in water, hell you have wetsuit on anyway.

Unless you are the snooty type nose in the air person aka Goldie Hawn in the first half of "Overboard" you will enjoy Secrets. Million dollar annual income is not the cliental nor is the guy who saved for 2 years to be there. Middle to upper Middle living comfortably are the guest.

Back
Top Bottom