Scuba geocaching

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jake

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
(I realize this isn’t traditional treasure, so if a mod wants to move this please do.)

I’ve enjoyed finding geocaches for a while now and finally hid my first one today. I noticed that one of the available tags when submitting it was “requires scuba equipment.”

Until that moment I hadn’t really thought about scuba diving and geocaching together, but now I’m super intrigued.

I’m curious if anyone on the board has ever hidden one underwater or has found one. If so, can you tell me more about the container, location, etc?

I believe there is an underwater geocache off Dubai that one of my Land Rover buddies hid many years ago.

I've personally not got into Geocaching but I understand it can be fun if you don't get too serious about it.

There used to be one in a lake here in Belgium. There is a city bus sunk between 15 and 18 meters deep...the windows are and door have been removed to make it a safer swim through. The geocache was hidden inside. Have not seen it in a couple of years though.

-Z

I have only just got into geocaching so it is all very new to me, but i would love to be able to find some underwater

Yes, Underwater Caches should be T5 and D5 because of special skills and equipement required.
You can search for them on the Geocaching.com Map by selecting the "scuba gear needed" attribute.
:cool:

I hid a few around me Last year and gave the information to students when they got certified. I put plastic items in them and give directions to take a picture with it when found. Last year i offered a free class to anyone who got a picture of all of them. Just one way of keeping new divers active in the sport :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom