Suit me Up....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swedinsidemount

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi all, looking for a replacement for my Henderson 7mm full and am thinking about a semi-dry. First off I WILL NOT get a drysuit, for now too $ and complex for my type of diving which is rec diving at medium (70-110ft) for prolonged periods shooting photos or penetration wreck dives or light commercial work cleaning hulls, and sometimes recovering vessels with LBs for the family business. The Hollis NeoTek seems alright but heard lots of bad things about the zipper. Does anyone have experience with this type or exposure suit or any words about it. Thanks <TG>

P.S.
here are the temps I dive in periodically,
65-80. in the south but remember those dives are usually 60mins+ and as low as 35 on west coast, up north, and overseas,(UK, Germany, Spain, Red Sea basically)

I know a number of folks, including a very regular buddy, who love the AquaLung Sol Afx semi dry. No zipper issues.

I have about 70 dives on my Hollis NeoTek with no problems. You may wish to see if there are lightly used semidrys in your sizing. That is how I got mine, off of ebay. I rather think semidry suits make more sense than 7mm, but that is my opinion. There are others here, good luck with your search.

I go with a full 7 mm along with a 5/3 hooded vest. They make 7/5 hooded vest also
I'm sure the Schuylkill River has some interesting sites, but you might want to try diving at your other place occasionally :)

I have about 70 dives on my Hollis NeoTek with no problems. You may wish to see if there are lightly used semidrys in your sizing. That is how I got mine, off of ebay. I rather think semidry suits make more sense than 7mm, but that is my opinion. There are others here, good luck with your search.
Just to know roughly how much did you pay, deep6 goes for around 300 new so.... NeoTek is 475 new... thanks
<TG>
:smalllogo:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom