Halcyon Ladies first

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Katie Storm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What doubles do you love? Im considering the Halcyon ladies first with a 60 evolve wing but not completely sold. I do need something easy to take off in the water I had knee surgery and getting in a boat with tank(s) is not really an option for me at this time

If you already dive a continuous webbing harness, you might try the Subgravity harness sliders. They are about $25 for two. Very cheap compared with getting a whole new rig. The Halycon Cinch system is what you want for an adjustable continuous harness, but it’s expensive.

if your style of diving allows a harness with quick releases, look at the Dive Rite Transplate harness. I preferred the Dive Rite Deluxe Harness with one large quick release on the left shoulder, above the D ring.

What type of harness are you currently diving?

While a whole new rig is certainly nice, you don’t have to buy a whole new one. There are ways your current rig might be adapted without spending all the cash if you don’t want to.

A 40 lb doubles wing is typical for a good size of doubles, from AL 80's (or smaller) to steel HP119's or so.

Having a wing with 60 lbs of lift with regular doubles will cause it to taco around the tank, trap gas, and be harder to manage buoyancy. The right tool for the job.

Do you have a bp now that you can switch a wing with?

A 60lb wing is only for big, heavy tanks. A 40 is a better choice for many. What size tanks do you dive.
To me Halcyon is always the clear choice. There are cheaper options but Halcyon is top of the line quality and their customer service is tough to beat.

I agree the 60 pound wing is for large tank doubles. I used to dive double 120's and got one for that.

With that said I use it for my double 50's now because I'm to cheap to buy another one and will be doubling 100's soon.

Back
Top Bottom