My new G250Vs and ramblings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting, top of the head, since the knob is a very simple device in these I’m guessing perhaps the preload has an effect on lever/poppet engagement...total guess and don’t have anything like these to look at, will go out to the shop tomorrow morning to ponder, hopefully Rob or Robert will have the answer and save me from myself.

Come to think of it I've noticed similar with numerous G250s, not free flow issue but adj knob "weirdness", where with knob all the way out no leak but screw in a fraction and and it would leak a bit.

I'll stop rambling now.

As you were.
I’ve seen this too, usually poppet/lever related.

Not related, but just for amusement:

330D4B21-DF9B-4D73-BEF3-CD0BCDFDED44.jpeg
A413C805-88B5-4182-A3B1-762B418846B5.jpeg

Always wondered why my regs breathed like sh.t, now I know. Children, always read warning labels.

Really like it! It was the first new reg that I owned! All my previous ones were hand me downs.

Correction, it's not 100% repeatable with adjustment knob in exact same position every time, in that if you wind it back out from FF position screwing it back into exact same spot will not always initiate FF, but play with it a bit, i.e in a fraction in and out from all the way out, and free flow again it will.

So you mean some adjustment knobs have some play or irregularity? Perhaps the surface engaging the balance chamber is not exactly plane/level, and as you turn one direction, the spring load does some back and forth dynamic. And there is one position all the way out where it is actually not releasing spring pressure all the way, but screwed in a fraction it paradoxically releases spring pressure a bit?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom