Pompano / LBTS Shore Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While it might be illegal, the flags hug the pier all the time. It is like speeding, illegal but mostly everyone does it. It is one of those gray zones. Now that there are no fishermen on the utmost point of the pier, it became even more popular.

PS: There is also no swimming next to the pier but everyone swims next to it. I'd think Sheriff's hands would get tired enforcing the rule. Plus, what is he gonna do? Jump in and dive or wait for hours for you to get out, hoping he got the right flag owner, as they all look alike..

I've twice seen divers get stopped by sherif while diving. Once, he waited till they surfaced, a second time he tugged their flag. So yes, like speeding and many other things, its all good and well until you get caught or hurt. Either way, you can choose what to do of course, I'm just putting the information out there for the OP.

Thanks everyone for the tips, tricks, and experience.

We opted to just do the BHB 3 different days. The coast was way to choppy for most of the charters to get out... I think Monday was the only day they went, so shore diving was no good (at least not with kids).

The bridge was great. At least 2 of the 3 days we went the viz was pretty great during high tide. Yesterday was just ok (fine by me). All in I think I got somewhere around 6 or 7 hours under.

Edit: also did a night dive through Pura Vida by myself, pretty epic. Got 10 minutes by myself swimming with a manatee. There were a few divers, but not a lot. None that I know of saw the manatee.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom