Pompano / LBTS Shore Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rob.mwpropane

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Good day all.. I was searching on here the other day and I came across a great little thread where someone had posted a map of shore dives and a bit of a trail to follow.

I have searched for an hr looking for that thread and can't for the life of me find it... I'm to the point where I think it may have been a dream.

Does anyone have a clue? Or a map to share? We're heading there next week and I just want to get some early morning easy shore dives.

Thanks!!!!!!! And Merry Christmas!

Here’s something I just got from a dive shop on commercial in LBTS.

upload_2020-12-24_9-54-25.jpeg

Might call @LandonL or @custureri at Aquí Watersports...they shore dive all the time in LBTS where their shop is.

Also, the www.reefsmartguides.com books available at SoFlo dive shops are great (IMO).

You guys rock....I posted this and had to go run some errands... came back to a plethora of info.

I'll give Landon a shout. I have his number.

I say skip following a trail. It is not easy at all. Also, the trail will not show you best of the best. I'd totally skip it.

Just enter at Datura, swim out past the exclusion buoys, when you'll see a dense coral below, dive in and move toward the pier. Generally you can hear the pier, it sounds like many champagne bubbles popping, getting louder as you approach. Once you at the pier swim around it and then back (I don't dare going below it since when it took damage, might be silly), return to a point that has some dense coral and follow back. Pretty much a 80cu dive, ~2 hours.

Look for nurse sharks, they like to lie on the southern side from the pier like 50ft away, big ones too.

Here are some vids of mine from the area (pick from the list on the right): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDA0o_igSJMX9cxbdtmTI2FyA2prnvGhU

Just enter at Datura, swim out past the exclusion buoys, when you'll see a dense coral below, dive in and move toward the pier. Generally you can hear the pier, it sounds like many champagne bubbles popping, getting louder as you approach. Once you at the pier swim around it and then back (I don't dare going below it since when it took damage, might be silly), ....

Its also illegal. Sheriffs will give you a fine. 300' distance needs to be maintained, and there's plenty to see even staying away from it. Good advice in this post.

Its also illegal. Sheriffs will give you a fine. 300' distance needs to be maintained, and there's plenty to see even staying away from it. Good advice in this post.

While it might be illegal, the flags hug the pier all the time. It is like speeding, illegal but mostly everyone does it. It is one of those gray zones. Now that there are no fishermen on the utmost point of the pier, it became even more popular.

PS: There is also no swimming next to the pier but everyone swims next to it. I'd think Sheriff's hands would get tired enforcing the rule. Plus, what is he gonna do? Jump in and dive or wait for hours for you to get out, hoping he got the right flag owner, as they all look alike..

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom