how to close sb account

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, Twitter isn't based on fact. Everything in the pub is factual

And this is a fact for sure :p

Just change password to something you won’t ever remember, log out, and that’s it.

If you want to go out with a bang, get yourself banned.
Thanks, you just made me choke on my cornflakes!

I must remember the password changing idea, although probably not difficult with my memory recall. Who said that?

What's the big deal? It seems to me that all one would have to do is stop posting and stop logging in to the site. Gone. Vanished. There is no way to erase the past, though. Not in this internet hall of mirrors environment. In any case, who cares? I've had posts deleted here, sometimes for good reasons, sometimes not. I've been kicked off a couple of sites for being politically incorrect (avoid the use of 'hysterical') and sometimes for really bizarre reasons, like correcting an error made by the site's owner. It's their site, not mine.

I've had posts deleted from this site that might have had unpleasant legal consequences for me, and other posts were deleted because I was too offensive. I know this is hard to believe, but it's happened. Didn't bother me in the slightest. Why it should bother anyone is beyond my understanding. None of us is that important. Besides, it's not like anyone's departure would have any significant consequence, or even be noticed, in the long run. When people I'm used to seeing stop posting I just assume they died. De mortuis nil nisi bonum.

You cannot delete your account, because it really screws up the database when you are deleted. I can change your name and login so that you will no longer be able to login, nor will your board name show up, although a name will be associated with your account and if you come back lurking and know where to look you will see your posts.

If you choose this option, I would have to get permission from Pete, and I would give you a week to cool off.

This is not a cooling off issue.. both myself KWS and my wife BWS intentions is to sever associations with SB. Do what ever you need to do top make that happen. It no longer makes any difference. As I said on another post there will be some I will miss when it comes to advice . You being one of them among others.

Please close the email accounts as I will be removing them from my end in my email account retrievals. Our annual supporter payments will be canceled as soon as I can get that done in pay pal . I prefer my posts get globally removed. however I understand that may not be easily or safely done given your site database structures. I trust you will do what ever you can do in this matter.

Well wishes WOOKIE

Regards KWS and BWS

Why do people who want to leave make such big announcements about it. Just log out and if you don't want notifications send them to junk mail.
The same reason Vegans have to announce they are Vegans to everyone.

The same reason Vegans have to announce they are Vegans to everyone.
Have I told you how meat is murder and how awesome this new crossfit gym I'm going to is?

They may end up like awap and become usernames "Redacted 2 & Redacted 3"

Back
Top Bottom