Poseidon Cyklon 300 main body needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IslandKraut

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Aloha folks,

I recently came across a nice almost pristine Cyklon 300 rig, but the pictures did not show the sides of the main valve housing and mouthpiece tubes that were *engraved* with the prior owner name and phone number.

To protect the guilty, I did not post the pictures, but it was clearly a case of undue abuse of otherwise near new satin marine chrome. The seller was nice enough to agree to partial refund, and now I am hoping to find one of you good folk still have a nice (perhaps NOS) spare Poseidon "2306" valve housing...

Hey it is Christmas, and I get to dream, right?

If you so happen to have one of those, I have all the other guts and components already nice cleaned and pampered.

If you do, please PM me :)

That said, I wish all of you fellow tinkerers a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Hi IslandKraut. I believe the one I have is a 2305 body (see picture). Is this something that would work for you? I cleaned it and put it together a while ago but i have no special interest in diving with it. Best regards
Jordi

Attachments

• IMG_7749.JPG
    IMG_7749.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 103
Aloha Jordi - That is indeed the tight type.
Would you be able to send a clearer picture of the sides of the main body?
Mahalo!
Islandkraut

Sure. It is a DIN first stage.
Serial number engraved in the casing is 51777. I can take pictures from the side of the body but they will not show much. The ports available are labeled "R", "LP", "U" and "HP". Any particular picture you are interested in?
Jordi

Hi Jordi,
I am just looking for a very clean main body, i.e. one with no tool marks, and little to no scratches. I plan to turn this one into a working display piece, so ideally I'd get a NOS body, but of course those will be rare.
Cheers!

I understand. In that case what I have will not work. The body is pretty scratched with tool marks around the LP and the U port. I attach a picture. There is also a number 84 engraved above the serial number. Best
body.jpg

I have one that doesn’t look like it’s ever been opened and may not have ever been wet.
upload_2020-12-27_19-6-57.jpeg

I understand. In that case what I have will not work. The body is pretty scratched with tool marks around the LP and the U port. I attach a picture. There is also a number 84 engraved above the serial number. Best
View attachment 632968
Mahalo, Jordi - Yup - that one is a bit beat up for my purpose. But I do thank you for the time and effort to take the pictures!

I have one that doesn’t look like it’s ever been opened and may not have ever been wet. View attachment 633029
Aloha p_kos, that is indeed a nice example, but I'd hate to rip it apart just to restore it with my guts.
I actually have spare units, but I am trying to find a clean center (perhaps off someone with a beat up "yoke nut" or scratched top end, or better yet, NOS spare.

Mahalo again for taking the picture. Nice specimen by the way!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom