Best second dive suggestions from a boat!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Colombia Shallows, hands down. It's a huge reef with large coral formations on a flat bottom. The joke is that if you want to go deeper than 30' you'll have to bring a shovel, so on a sunny day with good viz the light is fantastic. Every time I have gone there the current has been slow to nonexistent. Some of the coral heads there reach within 8' or so of the surface, and unlike most of the reefs on the southern half of the island it was practically untouched by Hurricane Wilma.

It's way south so your first dive will need to be at a southern reef; Colombia Deep and Colombia Shallows is a great pairing. I dive there at least twice on every Coz trip; one trip we went there 5 times in 2 weeks. It's aquarium diving at its best.

^^^ What he said.^^^

Did the wrecks off of town today...30 ft give or take....that would make for a easy easy second dive.

Tunich is a great second dive. Lots of life on top and if you are on nitrox and have the NDL you can roll off the wall explore the perpendicular ridges.

He asked for suggestions for a second dive.

That's a fantastic second dive after Maricaibo or Isolote and a two hour siesta at el Cielo!!!

Cedral Pass take your time go in and out of holes and tunnels. lots of fish usually nurse shark and moray eel. cleaning stations lots of over hangs where large fish chill out. To many ops just have you float over the top and you miss out on much

Cedral Pass take your time go in and out of holes and tunnels. lots of fish usually nurse shark and moray eel. cleaning stations lots of over hangs where large fish chill out. To many ops just have you float over the top and you miss out on much

I agree it is a great dive but only if you go below the ledges as you infer. But to be correct the name is Paso De Cedral.

Dave Dillehay

I agree it is a great dive but only if you go below the ledges as you infer. But to be correct the name is Paso De Cedral.

Dave Dillehay
I like the twisty swimthrough that's often near the end of a dive there. The grottoes off to the sides of the swimthrough used to be full of glassy sweepers but I haven't seen them there in several years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom