You Have $3-4k, the Last 2 Weeks of Aug 2021 Available, No Kids.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is your source for that? I heard "tourist bubbles" opening in second half of 21. Yours even more restrictive than that. If so, dang.

129725242_2877702395833454_997797093886303303_n.jpg

Anthony's Key Resort on Roatan in Honduras frequently offers some economical all-inclusive packages (see link below) but airfare to Roatan can be pricey. The package prices quoted on the website do not include the 19% tax and be aware that some of their cheaper options for lodgings may not be air-conditioned.

Roatan All Inclusive Vacation Packages | Anthony’s Key Resort

If that's 3-4 grand for 2 people and includes airfare, that's one tight budget. I aim for high dive count moderate budget Caribbean trips around $3,500 - $4,000.

I'd check up on Turquoise Bay Resort in Roatan, which gets good reviews and seems to be a good budget control. With Roatan, always check whether the big tax bill is included in the rate. And IIRC, I'm told TBRR isn't close to West End/West Bay.
(Snip)
Anyone know what trips to Ambergris Caye, Belize tend to cost?

Turquoise Bay Resort on Roatan is indeed quite far from much of anything to do on Roatan, other than dive and sunbathe. There's a golf resort up that way but I'm not sure of it's current status.

If you choose Roatan, perhaps look at The Infinity or some place similar in West Bay. That way, your wife could wander around beautiful West Bay Beach or take a water taxi over to West End to putter about in the stores and such. You'll want to check out the cruise ship schedule though because it's all quite a zoo when a ship/s are in port.

Trips to Ambergris Caye, can be all across the spectrum and completely budget dependent. My position is that when it comes to Ambergris Caye, an all-inclusive is not the way to go. Having said that, I still need to clarify that Ambergris Caye is a long island and if staying further up island from town, then it probably is more sensible to get AI. You could be staying very far from the many restaurants and food opportunities in San Pedro.

$3-4k total...we spent nearly 3 weeks in the Caribbean on that budget before including airfare in 2011, our honeymoon.

We did have 1 week hotel paid for...but...also did a few diving charters and excursions that were not factored in when we left.

Cruise is a new thought...but...not our bag :(

Where did you go/stay on your honeymoon?

You can easily do bonaire for that cost, no problemo. It's much more low key than Curacao. But plenty of decent food, casual driving around seeing the landscape. Plenty of good snorkeling too in the shallows before the reef drops off. There aren't alot of beaches.

Where did you go/stay on your honeymoon?

We spent a week on the Dutch side of St. Maartin...4 days at Saba...and a week on the French side of St. Martin. This was Aug 2011 when Tropical Storm Irene came through...what a crazy adventure!

Saba has some pretty awesome diving and a very unique place to be!!

Back
Top Bottom