Hog poppet oring size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
I’m in the process of rebuilding a hog zenith second size. The diagram appears to have a 2mmx1mm oring in this position. I have a ton of 2.2mmx1mm orings for scubapro.

1. Can anybody verify if this is the correct size?
2. Can I get away with using a 2.2mmx1mm oring
If no then...
3. Does anybody want to do an oring exchange with me for some 2.2mmx1mm orings?

thanks!

If you've measured the seals and they dimension out the same, perform a balance chamber test. Find a very flat surface and stand the poppet seat side down. Now with no spring installed push down on the balance chamber to see if pneumatic pressure builds up inside the poppet/chamber assembly. If the balance chamber bounces back up-you should be golden.

The Scubapro S-wing poppet uses an EPDM shore 70 2.2mm x 1.0mm for the poppet/balance chamber seals.

I’m in the process of rebuilding a hog zenith second size. The diagram appears to have a 2mmx1mm oring in this position. I have a ton of 2.2mmx1mm orings for scubapro.

1. Can anybody verify if this is the correct size?
2. Can I get away with using a 2.2mmx1mm oring
If no then...
3. Does anybody want to do an oring exchange with me for some 2.2mmx1mm orings?

thanks!
The apeks poppet o-ring we found to be 1,78 mm id x 1,02mm cs Scuba 2nd stage Poppet O-rings EPDM Sh70
the scubapro is 2.2mm x 1mm viton Viton® Scuba O-Rings 75Sh-2.20x1.00 O-rings Provider for Scuba Diving and nbr Scuba O-Rings NBR 70Sh-2.20x1.00-Premium O-rings Provider

Any chance of setting up a US based distributor? Also I wanted to give a shout-out to deep six for using the much more accessible 006 oring in their 2nd stage poppet.

Any chance of setting up a US based distributor? Also I wanted to give a shout-out to deep six for using the much more accessible 006 oring in their 2nd stage poppet.

The deep six manual shows 2.4X.82 N70 O-ring for second stage poppet, part # 1O-EKM-2.4X0.82-06.

You are correct. However I have it on good authority that if you send your reg in for servicing it’s coming back with two 006 duro 90 polyurethane rings in that position.

You are correct. However I have it on good authority that if you send your reg in for servicing it’s coming back with two 006 duro 90 polyurethane rings in that position.
Interesting, both the choice of duro 90 and polyurethane seem strange for that application. There is a substantial size difference, see this picture of oring I removed from deep six poppet compared to -006 on size chart.
20201223_105218.jpg

In order to assist all of us with scuba o-ring identification, we have created (after a lot of effort ) the first o-ring identification working mat with 115 different o-ring sizes that are commonly used in the scuba diving industry aiming to cover as many brands as possible. Actual Size Scuba O-ring identification chart-35cm x 65cm 115 o-ring sizes (Working Mat)
We know first hand what is to search for the correct o-ring size (not to mention identifying it and printing it on a mat)
Merry Christmas to all

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom