Options for Keeping CELLS DRY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will look for a few of these, and get them cut before i dive next week. so same technique, just put some in the MIDDLE and pack the sorb around it?

what about the cut up sponge to absorb some of the moisture? any value to this also?

No clue whether these would be suitable for use in a KISS, but the rEvo uses these absorbent pads, which I am told literally ARE ShamWow towels.

They're surprisingly inexpensive ($6), considering it's a rEvo part. You get 2 big ones in a pack. I cut them in half and use just one (i.e. 1/2 a towel) rolled up in the bottom of my rEvo.

https://www.oceanedgeoutfitters.com/rEvo-Moisture-Absorbent-Pad-p/revo-r568.htm

Dive Gear Express is also a rEvo parts dealer now, so you might be able to get a pack from them pretty quickly. OEO is not always the most quick on shipping. I've had very good luck with OEO, but DGX is generally a bit faster.

I don't know if this will help, but 2 repair techs at Shearwater (Richard Morton and Curt McNamee) told me to squirt Tribolube into the Molex connectors on my rEvo, to fill up the connector, before I connect them to my sensors. That is to keep moisture out of the connectors and prevent corrosion of the connectors or O2 sensor pins.

Of course, that's the opposite end of the sensor from the membrane, where the gas comes into the sensor. But, if that's where the moisture is that is affecting your sensors, maybe it would help.
Richard told me the same about putting Tribolube on the molex connections. So far no troubles.

I have some actual ShamWow towels. They are a little thicker than the original rEvo ones. And a little more orange. But the material is the same. I have been using them in rotation.

I have some actual ShamWow towels. They are a little thicker than the original rEvo ones. And a little more orange. But the material is the same. I have been using them in rotation.
There's no place to put shamwows in a kiss sidewinder. Not without potentially making it unbreathable if they block the gas path. Perhaps you could wrap them around the anti-collapse wire wrap in the counterlung, but that's a long way away from the cells and does nothing for condensation in the inhale side of the loop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom