Help me find a thin smb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tank601

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Looking for 6ft opv closed oral inflate and 4in wide so I can blow up easy

It sounds like the Carter 35 might fit the bill. I think the bottom is open, but has a baffle so it doesn't spill air. It's a really well built bag to boot.

Piranha dive has lots

Looking for 6ft opv closed oral inflate and 4in wide so I can blow up easy

I might be a bit off with this

first oral inflate should not need to have an OPV smb's are made to inflate on the surface dsmb's are a different matter. I cant say that some smb's i may have seen have a n OPV and those that use them use them as dsmb's it may be a mismarketing thing. I loooked as all my smbs and none have OPV's and they have oral inflate and not LP hose inflates.

I ddont think this is an SMB I trhink this is a DSMB. I have some and have found them advertised as both SMB and DSMB. The LP hose connection on this tells me this is a DSMB.

here is a link to one that is sold by different vendors under both smb and dsmb. I am guessing that SMB is becoming a combined generic name and not a specific.

Halcyon Super Big Diver's Alert Marker, 6' (1.8 m) long, closed circuit Orange

Piranha dive has lots
and great service, and reasonable international shipping too.

Another thumbs up for Piranha's SMB's

I use a couple as fish "Elevators" to keep dinner away from the sharks on the bottom. I can blast them from 100ft deep with no expansion damage at all. I've rocketed one of theirs over 200 times that contains my underwater text message system and it still works perfectly. Very reasonably priced.

Yea don’t want and lp inflate. I prefer the oral inflate even though not on surface it’s easy to blow up and you don’t have to fool with lp hose

Hog has one like your describing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom