Belize Aggressor dive limits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do they have maximum depth limits as I read somewhere about some liveaboards having a max 100 ft depth. Also many are using Nitrox32 so that adds is s safety factor. I read that crew will check your dive computer log every dive completed.
They have NITROX on their boat. I forgot what extra we've paid--$200 or something.

No depth limits there. In fact, at the Blue Hole I dipped to 153 ft and nobody cared. You are probably confusing with Maldives where 100 ft limit is the state law. However, except for the Blue Hole, most dives were no deeper than 85 ft. This is the nature of the reefs there.

Do they have maximum depth limits as I read somewhere about some liveaboards having a max 100 ft depth. Also many are using Nitrox32 so that adds is s safety factor. I read that crew will check your dive computer log every dive completed.

I don't remember an explicit depth limit, but I wasn't interested in deep. 5 dives per day. Depth is not your friend.

Most everybody dove nitrox.

No computer checking or spg checking. BA4 crew did ask for depth/time as you reboarded, but I think that was really just a headcount mechanism.

I don't remember an explicit depth limit, but I wasn't interested in deep. 5 dives per day. Depth is not your friend.

Most everybody dove nitrox.

No computer checking or spg checking. BA4 crew did ask for depth/time as you reboarded, but I think that was really just a headcount mechanism.
BA IV has always had a 110 foot depth limit except for the blue hole. Dives are limited to 70 minutes. If the weather is nasty then they will shorten the night dive to 45 minutes.

If you are uncertain about the depth limit just check their MOD cheat sheet in the Nitrox log. It maxes out at 110 feet regardless of your mix.

This is new, thanks. Nothing outstanding, though.
No, but more countries are passing legislation to control diving. The French still have the strictest though. Get caught bringing anything up from the seabed without a permit, the boat and all personal equipment is confiscated.

No, but more countries are passing legislation to control diving. The French still have the strictest though. Get caught bringing anything up from the seabed without a permit, the boat and all personal equipment is confiscated.
Wow...good to know. Though have no plans to dive anywhere near France anytime soon I have a habit of picking up junk like ponytail rings and lead fishing weights for disposal into trash. I'll keep this in mind.

It has been several years since I have been on the Belize Aggressor, but I remember that one of the passengers was shooting for 100feet and 1 hour for every dive where it was possible. The dive after the GBH was significantly less than 100'.

It is not hard at all to spend a complete day (24hours) underwater on a one week trip.

Thanks for all the discussion. My friend has completed the trip and has left Belize satisfied.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom