A new kind of long stay visa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I go and come back my sausage is not going to last that long.......I'm the resident mule for my office. But yeah, I think you're correct.

Its gonna have to be big! On my normal trips I bring 100kg when I return to my home here. I'm looking for a mid to late Feb departure returning in early May, so hopefully things will have improved by then. But who would have though this would last as long as it has, so I guess anything is possible.

But you're right, I'll look for a serviced apartment like the Grand Centerpoint if its available. I stayed a couple years at one and it was excellent.

You can't quarantine just wherever you want; it has to be a designated quarantine hotel. When I got out of the airport, I was picked up by a driver with a van that had plastic sheeting separating the front seats from the passenger area. At the hotel, they had me walk across a disinfecting pad outside the building, then take off my shoes and put on provided slippers. After that, a nurse took my temperature, explained the procedures and sent me on to reception for check-in. My bags were sprayed down with disinfectant and sent to my room separately. After getting to the room, I had to install an app called COSTE on my phone, sign in with provided account, and use it to report my temperature twice a day, before 9AM and before 5PM; a thermometer is provided. In addition, I had to add the nurse in Line, Whatsapp or WeChat and send her the results of PCR test taken in my country + my insurance policy (an email is also provided in case none of these apps are available). Once a day, I order the next day's food from the provided menu (three meals per day, three options per meal) and it's left outside my door - breakfast between 8AM and 9AM, lunch between noon an 1PM, dinner between 6PM and 7PM. There is an additional room service menu with quite reasonable costs, although I have yet to avail myself of it - the regular food is quite alright. Special bags are provided to put garbage outside the door; pickups are at 2PM and 8PM, and I was instructed to spray those bags with a provided bottle of alcohol before putting them outside. On day five (counting the arrival day as zero) I'm going to have the first PCR test taken, and after that comes back clean, I will be able to book daily visits to a relaxation area for one hour a day. On day twelve I will have a second PCR test, and on day fifteen, if everything is okay, I will be able to check out. Room cleaning is scheduled for days seven, ten and thirteen - for the first week, there is literally no contact with anyone after check-in.

How about those who have been inoculated and do they still require to be quarantined?
The question is probably the prove of the inoculation by the individual.
Vaccine will soon be available locally but so far there is no indication from the authority about issuing a respective certificate(even with a cost, like the Yellow Fever). So I am going to sit and wait for the answer from the useless HKSAR Gov.

How about those who have been inoculated and do they still require to be quarantined?

No word so far, but from what I understand, the vaccines developed and approved so far protect from the debilitating effects of the disease, rather than from infection. In effect, if you get vaccinated, your chances of getting sick and dying are reduced dramatically, but you can still contract the virus and spread it around, even while being protected from its effects yourself. Therefore, until mass vaccinations are rolled out in Thailand (and from what I've read, their plans are to start vaccinations in May 2021), I would not expect quarantine requirements to go away for anyone, not until Thailand's population at large is adequately protected.

As I had said already I am prepared to wait and see the development on the outcome of the vaccine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom