Anna Maria Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RI Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heading to Anna Maria for the month of February and wondering if I should bring my gear with me? Is there any good shore or boat dives in the area and I would need to join a buddy.

Thanks

I'm diving this weekend water temp high 40s if anyone wants to dive RI.

spanish rocks and the regina are two anna maria shore dives. Spanish rocks is nice if you can get lucky with the vis high tide seems to be your best chance. Haven't had an opportunity to check out the regina or had the chance to play with boat dives in the area but there seems to be plenty of charters taking folks out.

We tried to dive the Regina a few years back but only found sand. I think there was a buoy or something marking it - can't remember exactly but we were sure we had the right spot. Super disappointing. We didn't have time to go over to Spanish rocks for an alternate so I didn't check that one out. Start with Spanish Rocks first.

I believe this is the closest dive shop to AMI: Sea Kat Divers That's the shop we stopped by for info before diving the Regina, anyway.

Edit: never-mind, looks like sea kat closed permanently on 12/31/2019.

Spanish Rocks info. Large area of rock above the sand. Don't forget you dive flag.

Spanish Rocks.jpg
Span Rocks 05 nw.jpg
2 Spanish Rocks entrance.jpg

I just relocated to the Port Charlotte area and have not found any good shore diving here yet on the west coast. How far are you willing to drive for a boat dive? 2shea 2 Shea Charters | Clearwater Fishing Charters & Scuba Diving - FL and Tanks a lot Tanks-A-Lot Dive Charters | Scuba Diving in Clearwater, FL do dive trips out of Clearwater they are owned by the same guy but 2shea is the 6 pack boat and tanks a lot is the large "cattle' boat. They are both reasonably priced $100 base price for 2 tank trip. probably about an hour and 15 minute (depending on traffic) drive from the island. You could make a trip over to the east coast if you don't mind the 3.5 hr drive those boats run all year around. If you are driving down you could just bring your gear and if you get a chance to go you have it if not it's just a bit of extra packing and space taken up if you don't.

Thanks, I'll bring my gear and a steel 95. I was on the East coast a few years ago and dove the Blue Herron bridge many times and a nigh dive. All good dives

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom