Have you tested positive for COVID?

Have you tested positive for COVID?

• I didn’t test positive, but I had it.

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • I tested positive, but was asymptomatic/minimal symptoms

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • I tested positive, it was the worst.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I tested positive and was hospitalized.

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • I tested positive and am a long hauler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not been tested, nor have I been sick

Votes: 86 43.4%
  • I was tested negative

Votes: 81 40.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In fact, let’s examine this closer...

Cutter incident 1955 - vaccine contaminated with live polio virus. Can’t happen with mRNA vaccines.

Simian virus 40 1955 to 1963 - polio vaccine contaminated in cell culture. Can’t happen with mRNA.

Swine flu vaccine and GBS 1976 - post marketing surveillance and investigation did find an increase in baseline cases of GBS but no reason was found.

Hep B vaccine and MS 1998 - reports investigated and disproved.

Rotavirus and intussusception 1998-99 - surveillance found an increased incidence of intussusception and investigation found an association. The recommendation for the vaccine was withdrawn and the manufacturer voluntarily withdrew the vaccine.

Meningococcal vaccine and GBS 2005 - 2008 - no link found

Hib vaccine recall 2007 - concerns of possible bacterial contamination. As a precaution it was recalled and analysis found no contamination.

H1N1 and Narcolepsy 2009-2010. Pandemrix vaccine released in Europe had reports of Narcolepsy. It was never released in yhe US and investigations on H1N1’s used in the US since showed no correlation.

Rotavirus vaccine 2010 - found a porcine virus contaminated. This virus is not associated with human illness. No reports of injury or illness. Can not happen with mRNA.

HPV recall 2013 - voluntary recall on single batch from concern of glass contaminate. No health issues reported.

I don’t know about you guys but to me this is an impressive safety record.
Great overview!
Out of curiosity, to achieve this amazing safety record, what was the average time to get a vaccine approved for a wide use in population? How does it compare to the duration of Pfizer or any other COVID vaccines?

Great overview!
Out of curiosity, to achieve this amazing safety record, what was the average time to get a vaccine approved for a wide use in population? How does it compare to the duration of Pfizer or any other COVID vaccines?

Might help to read further back in the thread, as this question was asked and answered several times.

I asked “when do I go to the hospital?” The response was When you can’t breathe any more.
Wookie, do you have a pulse oximeter? That’s a good indicator for whether a hospital visit is needed. Get well soon.

It's not possible for everyone, like other vaccines, so those that can, should, to protect others. A test of compassion, if you will.
Maybe you should read what's written, not what you want to read.

Might help to read further back in the thread, as this question was asked and answered several times.
Actually, this was a rhetorical question. I know exactly how long it took then and now. The point is that this is a common failure of logic. Great track record of prior vaccines has nothing to do with how successful this COVID vaccine is going to be. Several of these vaccines have new mechanism of work, developed by different companies, rules are bent to get them emergency approval. There is no long term data on effectiveness or side effects or how long immunity would last. Furthermore, they are not even sure if the person who is immunized does not become a silent infectious transmitter (it looks like from early data that they are less likely to develop severe symptoms, but I could not find any data on infectivity) . So saying this vaccine is safe and effective because of excellent track record is not a valid argument. Having said that, I hope it works (one of the new vaccines or all of them) as we need to do something to stop this pandemic.

You come on with it, come on
You don't fight fair
But that's okay, see if I care
Knock me down, it's all in vain
I get right back on my feet again

Hit me with your best shot
Why don't you hit me with your best shot
Hit me with your best shot
Fire away

COVID-19 is on the grass
COVID-19 is on the grass
Remember games, daisy chains and laughs?
These all's been left forever in the past

COVID-19 is in the hall
COVID-19 is in my hall
The scary stats keep growing, this is nothing like before
And everyday the CDC adds more...

Back
Top Bottom