Deep 6 branching out with colors on their regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green would match my drysuit.

But then I'd need green fins and a green BC...

Do you guys use color kits for aesthetics or for a meaningful indicator? (Green for 100% oxygen, orange for alternate air source, pink for the tank with laughing gas in it... Etc)?
Using coloured regs to indicate gas is a polarising topic. Personally, as long as that is NOT the major part of your gas verification procedure, then I am fine with it. Same goes for MOD stickers on mouthpieces and faceplates, etc.

oooooooohhhhh I like the white! But I do love my orange as well.

oooooooohhhhh I like the white! But I do love my orange as well.

It's OK to love them both, they're regs not women. :p

Still needs a red.
follow Scuba Rule #1 on that, don't hold your breath... That is the color that I really want however with that being HOG's primary color, I would be surprised.

Green would match my drysuit.

But then I'd need green fins and a green BC...

Do you guys use color kits for aesthetics or for a meaningful indicator? (Green for 100% oxygen, orange for alternate air source, pink for the tank with laughing gas in it... Etc)?

I do to an extent, but it's only for quick reference at the surface. I.e. I have green hoses on my O2 bottles and from my CCR, or black hoses with green tape, and I use red for my backgas second stages, but it's not part of my gas switch protocols because colors don't hold true at depth and you can't always see them anyway...

It can be real handy out of the water when piles of gear look so similar. I quickly know that the blue is mine and the green is my deco cylinder even if it only has 50% in it. I get lots of grief for that one from people that would never use color to identify their reg while diving but I guess they're afraid that others would or would confuse the team. sheesh

I have my name on my regs and I don't pile it with other peoples gear.

I do have one reg set that has a red LP hose for my wing and a blue LP hose for my drysuit.

I have a wife that dives. Her gear and mine go in one gear bag and into one corner of the room or the boat and hang together to dry or soak together in the sink. I also swapped out the handles on our tanks for red and blue. We dive sidemount so lots of single tanks to move around and put gear onto.

OK, it's fashion dammit, fashion! :surrender:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom