Hanging out before and after Surge!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But you've spent more time there than I have. Lol
In the almost twenty one years that I've lived there, I have probably been in and out....50 times or more. In the last two years alone....7 trips?
Now if I could just get home....one more time....:(

So this could be a good "part time ex-pat" destination for me!

In the almost twenty one years that I've lived there, I have probably been in and out....50 times or more. In the last two years alone....7 trips?
Now if I could just get home....one more time....:(

I'm feeling for you, Hank. Must be very difficult.

So this could be a good "part time ex-pat" destination for me!

Hank actually lives in Belize. His family is there waiting on him to get back from an away contract

(Sorry for speaking for you Hank)

But for Debbie, yes, it could be.

Who is Debbie?

OK, I'll jump into this, but only as someone who had only done two dives in Belize. My wife and I are booked for Belize Surge. We would like to stay a minimum of another week, or as much as three additional weeks. Sooo...for you Belize experts: bearing in mind we normally only do all inclusive resorts with ScubaBoard, preferring a more authentic experience, where do you recommend spending our time (to include dive ops)? My wife has stopped diving due to deteriorating knees. I'm an experienced diver/instructor looking for more challenging dives. I get a real kick out of Lion fish hunting too.

P.S. DebbyDiver: I lived in San Bernardino from '91-'05.

OK, I'll jump into this, but only as someone who had only done two dives in Belize. My wife and I are booked for Belize Surge. We would like to stay a minimum of another week, or as much as three additional weeks. Sooo...for you Belize experts: bearing in mind we normally only do all inclusive resorts with ScubaBoard, preferring a more authentic experience, where do you recommend spending our time (to include dive ops)? My wife has stopped diving due to deteriorating knees. I'm an experienced diver/instructor looking for more challenging dives. I get a real kick out of Lion fish hunting too.
As for me I'm pretty much planning arriving a week early to spend time on Ambergris Caye checking it out for future part-time ex-pat living. Part of that is discovering where I'd like to rent a small-dog-friendly place for a few months in the summer and of course proximity to good diving is a big factor. I'm hoping maybe a few others here would like to do something similar.

I have not yet purchased my airfare. I almost did, then decided it would be easier to wait than to have to reschedule if flights change.

P.S. DebbyDiver: I lived in San Bernardino from '91-'05.
Ha, I had to Google where that is! Looks to be 90 minutes away. I'm down in Aguanga in an RV resort, arrived late September 2019 and I stay as rural as I can (especially with the pandemic) so to be honest I haven't been much of anywhere but Idyllwild, the beach, Palm Desert, Borrego Springs and a few trips to San Diego. I'd planned to head out of here to Florida in my motorhome in April, but then that damned COVID-19 thing happened so I'm here for the summer.

Forgot to add, I'm more likely to arrive the week before Surge than to stay after it as I have another big event in CA right after Surge that I hate to miss.

It's with a heavy heart that I've cancelled my spot for this trip. I've learned that I will be receiving treatments for a recently diagnosed medical condition, and the oncologist said I may, or may not, be ready to travel by June but she highly recommended I cancel. It's not a fatal condition, please don't worry, but it's going to keep me down for several months.

I am definitely planning to explore Belize as a possible part-time ex-pat situation, so please feel free to post tips about that in this thread.

I'm hoping and praying to be well by June and if so I will look to pick up a last-minute cancellation.

Meanwhile have fun without me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom