For Sale Multiple Tall & Reg Stainless Steel/Alum Backplates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All plates are sold with the exception of the following
- 1 tall 17.5" ss no cam slots $110
- 3 reg 16" ss with cam slots $110 ea
- 1 15.7" alum with cam slots $70

What remains
- 1 tall 17.5" ss no cam slots $110
- 2 reg 16" ss with cam slots $110 ea
- 1 15.7" alum with cam slots $70
No stiff webbing left, lots of the soft.
Partner is getting tired of these 4 sitting in the dining room make me a realistic offer

Two SS plates are sold.
One lonely 15.7" alum with cam slots left at $70.

I got one of the talls. Quick question. Why is the bend angle so large? I only have my standard size DSS plate to compare it to, but that's a lot flatter. As near as I can measure, if I put the plates flat on the ground it's 55mm until you reach the center section of your plate vs. 20mm for the DSS. The result is that the overall width actually comes out nearly the same despite the extra metal, and I wanted that extra width. I'm also a bit worried about the edges of the plate digging into my back.

Before I try flattening it with my car, I wanted to hear your thoughts.

Not an "apples to apples" comparison. DSS is on overly flat design, different from most others....

I got one of the talls. Quick question. Why is the bend angle so large? I only have my standard size DSS plate to compare it to, but that's a lot flatter. As near as I can measure, if I put the plates flat on the ground it's 55mm until you reach the center section of your plate vs. 20mm for the DSS. The result is that the overall width actually comes out nearly the same despite the extra metal, and I wanted that extra width. I'm also a bit worried about the edges of the plate digging into my back.

Before I try flattening it with my car, I wanted to hear your thoughts.

My thoughts.... pretty much standard bend angles that I have used for years. Cant comment on DSS angles as not familiar with that brand. Outside of my own plates I have a JJ and an H plate here and both are within the same range. I also have personal plates which r steeper. If it doesn't suit your body type take it to a shop and have them press a few degrees out of the ctr 2 bends 2 match your back. Outside of that return it and I will refund your $.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom