Atomic regulator service M1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Carey

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I live outside the US and need a reliable/professional service shop to have my Atomic M1 reg serviced. Its a PAIN to send it each way, so needing solid service one-time. Any recommendations and contact info welcome and appreciated.

Sure. Send it to me if you don't get a satisfactory solution! Happy to make it perfect.

The first question is does it really need to be serviced? That is what are you seeing that indicates it is time for service? That said, i would contact ScubaToys in Texas. Mostly because they do lots of mail order service and given they ae in Texas it might be a bit faster than other parts of the country. The alternative would be to send it directly to AA. Will cost more but it will be at the factory.

All that aside, if you are reasonably competent, buy the tools and do the service yourself.

Sure. Send it to me if you don't get a satisfactory solution! Happy to make it perfect.
Do you have a shop and access to Atomic parts? Or just "some stranger" wanting my used M1 for your collection? Hehe... Can you send some contact info so I can communicate directly with you? My email is Mike@TwistedPalmVillas.com

The first question is does it really need to be serviced? That is what are you seeing that indicates it is time for service? That said, i would contact ScubaToys in Texas. Mostly because they do lots of mail order service and given they ae in Texas it might be a bit faster than other parts of the country. The alternative would be to send it directly to AA. Will cost more but it will be at the factory.

All that aside, if you are reasonably competent, buy the tools and do the service yourself.

Thanks for the advice. I've spent more time than reasonable trying to obtain a parts kit so that I can have someone here in Belize do it...and competence is a concern when trusting someone here with my life, so prefer to have a professional working on it. I'm a tinkered but never had a regulator apart, and prefer spending my time on other tinks.

Do you have a shop and access to Atomic parts? Or just "some stranger" wanting my used M1 for your collection? Hehe... Can you send some contact info so I can communicate directly with you? My email is Mike@TwistedPalmVillas.com

I have been sending my regs to rsingler for almost 10 years , believe me he is not a stranger ... His work is second to none , If Scubapro wanted quality control they should give him what he wants and put him in charge , he know their regs better than the guys that build them .

Same deal for Atomic , the man is a gem , check out some of his posts , If not for Rob I would not be a ... Chrome Collector ,
Not to mention what he does to my D400's , I have no desire to even try the new D420 after his touch

Plus I send my stuff cross border to insure I get it done right the first time , rant done

Thanks for the advice. I've spent more time than reasonable trying to obtain a parts kit so that I can have someone here in Belize do it...and competence is a concern when trusting someone here with my life, so prefer to have a professional working on it. I'm a tinkered but never had a regulator apart, and prefer spending my time on other tinks.

These folks are a reliable source for kits in the US: Atomic Service Kits

I service my own AA regs, it is not that hard with the right tools.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom