Aeris Elite T3 not responding after battery change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barmaglot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The battery in my Aeris Elite T3 died, so I went and got a new CR2450, replaced it, and now all the symbols on the display are on at the same time, and none of the buttons do anything. I tried removing and replacing it - same thing. Waited for a couple hours in this state, but there's no change. Is it possible that I got a bad battery or something like that, or is there some kind of known issue with this series of computers that may result in this behavior?

You may want to contact Huish and see if they offer any support. Another battery is an easy check but with everything showing at once it would seem it has power enough to at least show battery status.

Odd, I don't see any contact info on Huish Outdoors website. Service - Oceanic Worldwide has VT3 marked as obsolete. I filled out a contact form on the Oceanic website, let's see what they have to say about it. I have a trip coming up in ten days, so losing my computer like that is quite annoying, but at least I have a Perdix AI as my primary now - I intended to use the Aeris T3 as backup, but now it's probably going from 'backup' to 'transmitter donor'. Oh well - I bought it used, with a transmitter, for less than what a new transmitter costs, and and it has lasted me ~150 dives over a couple years.

Edit: that was quick, they already responded:
Unfortunately, Aeris ceased doing business in 2014, when Huish acquired Oceanic and Hollis in 2017 they did not acquire any Aeris products or service/parts related items. We can offer a trade in for your old computer for any current new Oceanic computer for 20% off retail.

I looked over Oceanic's current product list and I must say that B.U.D. looks interesting - I intended to use the T3 as my backup anyway, and while used VT3s are available on ebay for ~$180, B.U.D. is advertised at $200, so with the trade-in discount that'd be $160 for a new computer. Maybe I'll go for it after coming back from the trip.

The Aeris Elite T3 is the same as the Oceanic VT3, which Huish DID acquire. I'd ask them again.

Check the new battery with a volt meter to make sure it is good.

Some dive computers reset themselves if you short the battery contacts with a wire or piece of metal with the battery out. I don't know if this would help with your computer or not, but it might be worth a try. Then put the battery back in and see what happens.

If the above doesn't help I would consider that you got your money's worth out of that computer and take the trade in for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom