Bulls shark dive op?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seanwebb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I’ll be back on Cozumel at the end of December. And would appreciate any recommendations of dive ops to contact in Playa to book a bull shark dive.

I’ll be back on Cozumel at the end of December. And would appreciate any recommendations of dive ops to contact in Playa to book a bull shark dive.
I used Tank-Ha in December 2018 and liked them. They don't feed the sharks, but I still saw plenty.

I agree with the suggestion for Tank Ha - have dove with them many times and always been very satisfied !

You might also check with Julio Kin. I understand he will put together / join trips direct from the island. In good weather the direct trip is not much further than Punta Sur and you don't have to deal with the ferry and hauling your gear back and forth

You might also check with Julio Kin. I understand he will put together / join trips direct from the island. In good weather the direct trip is not much further than Punta Sur and you don't have to deal with the ferry and hauling your gear back and forth

I know nothing about Julio, but any option that avoids fooling with the ferries these days should be seriously explored.

I certainly don’t have anything against ferries in normal times (I took ~100 round trips in a year once ), but I am trying hard to avoid them right now.

I know nothing about Julio, but any option that avoids fooling with the ferries these days should be seriously explored.

I certainly don’t have anything against ferries in normal times (I took ~100 round trips on a year once ), but I am trying hard to avoid them right now.
Couple weeks back I took a Tuesday flight out of Cancun so I could get a dive in on a Monday. The ferry was packed, the only limit was customers with tickets, not capacity. Next week's trip I plan to leave a day early (Monday) so I can fly direct out of Cozumel and avoid the ferry.

Actually, the distance between the Cozumel and Playa del Carmen ferry piers is significantly less than from the same point on Cozumel to the southern tip of the island - 11 miles vs 16 or 17 miles (source: Google Earth Pro). Sea conditions, however, are typically very different out in the channel than they are in the lee of the island, and a crossing in a small boat can be very uncomfortable even in good weather.

..........Sea conditions, however, are typically very different out in the channel than they are in the lee of the island, and a crossing in a small boat can be very uncomfortable even in good weather.
I concur, that's likely to be a long, unpleasant, (and probably wet) trip. I'd recommend the ferry, too.

Another vote for Tank-Ha. Good folks with a great set-up in shop for changing and washing gear.

Back
Top Bottom