NASE, NAUI, SDI, RAID, and PSS why don't you want new instructors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VikingDives

Mostly Harmless
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
This is a little bit of a rant, but I've been looking into agencies to crossover to, and most of them are not at all responsive.

NASE - I found you, and I found that your philosophy was really in line with how I wanted to teach. I've called and left messages, emailed, and filled out your web form. When I've called, and pressed 5 for crossovers, it's an invalid selection. After a few calls, I tried calling and trying the verify a diver extension. I left a message, no response.

NAUI - a real person answered the phone. I was transferred to someone's voicemail after being given the email for the training division. I left a voicemail and emailed. Crickets.

SDI - I'm not paying money until I talk with someone. I filled out your web form. No response.

RAID - You look awesome. I'm not in love with your rigid, PADI like training style, but otherwise you looked good. I emailed you. No response.

PSS - Filled out your web form and I got an automated response. I'm still waiting...

I'm unimpressed to say the least. Are you all really that broken?

On the upside, I want to give kudos to SEI. I filled out their crossover paperwork on Thanksgiving, I got an email from an actual person on the same day. I received an email from the President of the company this week and we talked on the phone for about a half-hour this morning. He was very pleasant and informative. I'm not sure I'll be crossing over to you, I've got to run the numbers to see if it makes sense for me, but I'm wholly impressed with your responsiveness.

Sorry your running into to roadblocks. I’m sure the pandemic is partial to blame. I say that because two years ago I had a lengthy email discussion with NASE and a phone call regarding a crossover.

A suggestion for SDI would be to try their chat option on their website. They’ve been pretty responsive when I’ve used it.

Sorry your running into to roadblocks. I’m sure the pandemic is partial to blame. I say that because two years ago I had a lengthy email discussion with NASE and a phone call regarding a crossover.

A suggestion for SDI would be to try their chat option on their website. They’ve been pretty responsive when I’ve used it.

That's been my suspicion, thanks for the info.

Thanks again for this suggestion. I had all my questions answered...

SDI can be moved off my naughty list.

NAUI - a real person answered the phone. I was transferred to someone's voicemail after being given the email for the training division. I left a voicemail and emailed. Crickets.

Any response from them at all?

If they haven't, send me a PM with your email address and I'll put you in direct contact with the their US national sales manager who will take care of you.

Any response from them at all?

If they haven't send me a PM with your email address and I'll put you in direct contact with the their US national sales manager who will take care of you.

PM sent. Thanks

RAID - You look awesome. I'm not in love with your rigid, PADI like training style, but otherwise you looked good. I emailed you. No response.

Ummm....RAID training style is pretty unregimented, with a lot of flexibility in how to get the skills taught, so not sure where you got that impression. Who did you email? Generally the procedure has been to find the RAID centre closest to you and chat with them about crossover etc. However, there should have been a response to your email, they are very good usually but I have fallen afoul of overly aggressive spam filters. If you let me know which email address you sent to, I will check up for you.

In the meantime, I am happy to help with any RAID questions you may have, I can also get you hooked up with someone as local to you as possible.

Hi there ‘Viking’,

I am so sorry to hear about your difficulties getting a response from the agencies for your enquiries.

I am the president of RAID and I would like to personally apologise for the lack of response from us. There is no excuse for this and as the lead person at RAID, I take full responsibility for this.

I would like to offer my assistance, if we are not too late, in getting you all the information you need about RAID. Please email me on paul@diveraid.com.

Again, please accept my apologies,

Paul Toomer

Ummm....RAID training style is pretty unregimented, with a lot of flexibility in how to get the skills taught, so not sure where you got that impression. Who did you email? Generally the procedure has been to find the RAID centre closest to you and chat with them about crossover etc. However, there should have been a response to your email, they are very good usually but I have fallen afoul of overly aggressive spam filters. If you let me know which email address you sent to, I will check up for you.

In the meantime, I am happy to help with any RAID questions you may have, I can also get you hooked up with someone as local to you as possible.

Thanks, as far as rigidity, I was referring to the requirements to do specific skills on specific dives. I'm not enamored with that concept...

There is a shop locally that is advertising that they are a Raid center, but I won't do business with them. They're principally SSI, and they have been picking up second agencies and then discarding them at the end of the year, it seems. At any rate, they are firmly off my radar.

Hi there ‘Viking’,

I am so sorry to hear about your difficulties getting a response from the agencies for your enquiries.

I am the president of RAID and I would like to personally apologise for the lack of response from us. There is no excuse for this and as the lead person at RAID, I take full responsibility for this.

I would like to offer my assistance, if we are not too late, in getting you all the information you need about RAID. Please email me on paul@diveraid.com.

Again, please accept my apologies,

Paul Toomer

Thanks Paul, sending you a pm and an email. I'm impressed at your response.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom