Truck for diving help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kind of want...Hilux Surf, RHD, diesel, manual. Located in CT.

Https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/toyota/hi-lux/2402046.html
F2FD24C9-D3A7-4364-9888-D0EA1ADBC63B.jpeg

A348E684-8EE0-4FAC-B9C0-CC726C3CE8DD.jpeg

Only 70k miles, too. That’s the cleanest imported diesel Toyota that I’ve ever seen for less than $30k. Considering how little you get for your money these days...I think that would be a solid vehicle for the money.

Very solid, unfortunately in my area they throw so much salt on the roads it would eat holes in that Japanese steel in no time.

Even in the mid-Atlantic, that would be my concern, as well. I had an 80 series Land Cruiser years ago. It was never titled north of Maryland, but every fitting underneath that thing was a nightmare to remove. Ex. Even pre-treating with PB Blaster, all of the heads for the shock mount bolts snapped off.

I can believe it. That’s how mine is here. I know a guy that resigned himself to putting his truck up on a lift and coating the undercarriage with oil in the winter.

But that is a solid car.... Just like the Land Rover... <TG>

Land Rover isn’t known for reliability.
True, but some models if you treat them right then they'll run great, just like Top Gear did with the Toyota they later went to i think Namibia or something with land Rovers too...
<TG>

The defenders were good vehicles. I think they copied the willys jeep design? But they had the Lucas electrical systems which caused the bulk of problems with most British cars. Then Land Rover was owned by bmw for a while, then Ford. And now I think it’s an Indian automaker trying to build a British vehicle. Also the Japanese are known for copying others designs but they do improve on them when they do it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom