Black Friday... that time of year... wish list/unnecessary purchase?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
That time of year and pandemic boredom to boot, so what are people looking to get for their dive kit this year or hope that Santa will deliver?

I told my daughters I would pay for parts if they built me a computer more suited to video editing than my six year old laptop. I also am looking to order a mask with proper prescription lenses and a small submersible metal detector (the detector is my stretch goal).

I really wanted to finally get either a backup reg set or a backup computer but it looks like I'm going to be dry for quite a while sadly.

Got myself a penguin onesie pajama instead to give my coworkers a laugh and be extra cozy when I'm resting at home

That time of year and pandemic boredom to boot, so what are people looking to get for their dive kit this year or hope that Santa will deliver?

I told my daughters I would pay for parts if they built me a computer more suited to video editing than my six year old laptop. I also am looking to order a mask with proper prescription lenses and a small submersible metal detector (the detector is my stretch goal).

It has been 4 years since I built an editing PC. When I was shooting a lot of professional sports I would build one every 2 or 3 years. DSLR technology was changing so fast and file sizes were getting so much larger I wanted processing power to keep up.

I really enjoy building them and being able to pick all the best components without any of the software bloat common with major brands. I've built at least 5 or 6. I've stopped shooting but plan to start diving and shooting underwater again. Might be time to build a new one. I'm not sure about their pricing anymore but I kept Newegg in business.

Computer Build November 2016.jpg

I'm gunna be a wise guy. I wish for as few Americans as possible to shop in person so the border may be opened by June so I can once again dive those great shore sites like Merwin Point.

I wouldn't mind a DPV, but I need a drysuit first.

I am asking Santa for a T size quad rack of Helium. And while were at it a new booster would be nice too.

Did your old one wear out?

No, sick of a stock size Fusion that has arms that are too long (always pulling them up) and danged zipper placement.

New one is a custom DUI FLX Extreme. Even got a custom undersuit.

I'm hoping to buy a dive center when the fire sales start.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom