two young men killed in o2 explosion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like all their other pieces, this one is so poorly written that it's hard to even understand. They really should hire someone to edit their stuff.

Edit: maybe it's a translation from another language.....

Like all their other pieces, this one is so poorly written that's its hard to even understand. They really should hire someone to edit their stuff.

Edit: maybe it's a translation from another language.....

Probably not. Written by Don Kinney. He’s on the masthead. Substandard English. It’s hard to believe that a training organization would publish such a poorly worded document.

Probably not. Written by Don Kinney. He’s on the masthead. Substandard English. It’s hard to believe that a training organization would publish such a poorly worded document.
I don't have any thing to input other than, but is it really that hard to believe? Have you seen some of the documents put out by government entities or large corporations? I cringe.

Not that I have anything against this organization or this writer. As someone who sends his articles and documents to someone else to proof read prior to publishing. Spelling, grammar etc are not my strong suits, as my post history here can atest to.

I don't have any thing to input other than, but is it really that hard to believe? Have you seen some of the documents put out by government entities or large corporations? I cringe.

Not that I have anything against this organization or this writer. As someone who sends his articles and documents to someone else to proof read prior to publishing. Spelling, grammar etc are not my strong suits, as my post history here can atest to.

Please provide an example of one of these documents.

Oxygen cylinders + a dirty factory with any kind of flammable dust (iron or aluminium shaving, wood, sugar, flour ...) equals a very, very bad time. The sparks and heat created by shrapnel impacts from a ruptured tank + the dust that flies up in high o2 atmosphere creates a impromptu thermobaric bomb. So yes, oxygen is not flammable but semantics don't matter when the air around you starts to burn.

Mine or theirs?

"Have you seen some of the documents put out by government entities or large corporations? I cringe."

Make me cringe.

I believe this article is referring to this accident that occurred in India.

Two killed in cylinder blast

I’m sorry but to me this is nothing more than fear mongering on the part of the author it try to convince people to take training. So two people were killed in a industrial accident, in a arguably third world country, with no regulations for safety or training. I would think The author should be peddling his training in India for maximum impact.

Duly noted. I will have someone proof read in the future. But, specifics would help me. I published the article to remind people that cylinders have dangers. I don't go into specifics as I don't have the facts. I am comfortable with the reported facts and that the incident occurred. Since it did, I try and apply basic safety reminders. I cant go into any further depth as I have limited information. That is also why I write just a few paragraphs. Just trying to remind others to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom