USVI Governor Discusses Covid Trends in the US

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Bryan Asks for Extra COVID Precautions, Calls Special Session | St. Croix Source

Comment: I have edited this post (and the title of the thread) because I may have initially read too much into the article and I don't want to raise concerns for individuals that are planning to visit the USVIs soon.

I think that they will do their best to avoid another shutdown in the US Virgin Islands, as long as things are safe, but the Governor is just trying to prepare people that it may be necessary if there are continued increases in cases on the US mainland.

They currently have a very low covid rate in the USVI and they require a negative covid test and pre-screening before you can enter the islands.

We went to St. Croix in Oct/Nov and that we didn't encounter any negative issues or contract any illnesses.

The best way to avoid shutdowns is not have shutdowns. Many businesses and people are going under because of bad policy decisions. Especially in areas that rely on tourism. Protect the elderly and compromised, Issue a psa to use caution wash your hands etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom